Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
problem adding to queue
19-03-2014, 01:17
RE: problem adding to queue
(16-03-2014 10:51)bossinga Wrote:  I checked the app this morning: same problem.
Adding a single album to the queue in folder view is impossible now.

I think if CA sticks to the upnp/dlna conventions we would be better
off. As stated on other boards, the stream magic app is not very good.
I hope CA decides to do a complete overhaul of the code.

If Peter has found a workaround just for our device, it may be good to remove that.

just my 2 cents,

Stefan

Hi,

Stefan I think you are right!
The Beta version I use is a complete overhauld version,but still not perfect
I have tried PlugPlayer instead of the CA app.
And guess what, no problem with UPnP search at all!
No alternative though, no gapless playback and skipping problems!
I use the StreamMagic as preamp (TV,Phono and Bluetooth )and as far as I know no other controlpoint can select those inputs, Any suggestions?
Strangely the PlugPlayer app took less than a quarter of time to load all items!
CA is working hard to improve the App,but there is still a long way to go.

Peter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2014, 18:11 (This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 18:12 by bossinga.)
(19-03-2014 01:17)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 10:51)bossinga Wrote:  I checked the app this morning: same problem.
Adding a single album to the queue in folder view is impossible now.

I think if CA sticks to the upnp/dlna conventions we would be better
off. As stated on other boards, the stream magic app is not very good.
I hope CA decides to do a complete overhaul of the code.

If Peter has found a workaround just for our device, it may be good to remove that.

just my 2 cents,

Stefan

Hi,

Stefan I think you are right!
The Beta version I use is a complete overhauld version,but still not perfect
I have tried PlugPlayer instead of the CA app.
And guess what, no problem with UPnP search at all!
No alternative though, no gapless playback and skipping problems!
I use the StreamMagic as preamp (TV,Phono and Bluetooth )and as far as I know no other controlpoint can select those inputs, Any suggestions?
Strangely the PlugPlayer app took less than a quarter of time to load all items!
CA is working hard to improve the App,but there is still a long way to go.

Peter.
Let's hope they get it right.
In my last post I mistakenly put in your name instead of Simon.
It should be: "If SimonCN has found a workaround just for our device, it may be good to remove that."
With that I mean that a workaround in Minim (if that is the case) should be removed, Otherwise, CA and SimonCN risk the chance that it will be fixed by CA and then be undone by a fix of Simon. This seems to be the case now (if I am not mistaken).

cheers,
Stefan

btw. Minim is by far the best and most stable for audio upnp. My friends use it now also and thank me for pointing them to minim. My thanks go to SimonCN!
19-03-2014, 18:51
(19-03-2014 18:11)bossinga Wrote:  Let's hope they get it right.
It should be: "If SimonCN has found a workaround just for our device, it may be good to remove that."
With that I mean that a workaround in Minim (if that is the case) should be removed, Otherwise, CA and SimonCN risk the chance that it will be fixed by CA and then be undone by a fix of Simon. This seems to be the case now (if I am not mistaken).

cheers,
Stefan

There is nothing for me to remove. I have fixed a bug in MinimServer that Peter found (incorrectly adding a complete genre instead of a single album). This bug could affect any control point that does UPnP searches. The "hang" problem when doing searches using the Stream Magic app isn't related to this bug fix.

Quote:btw. Minim is by far the best and most stable for audio upnp. My friends use it now also and thank me for pointing them to minim. My thanks go to SimonCN!

Thanks very much!
22-03-2014, 16:47

.pdf  added to queue more than once.1.pdf (Size: 464.51 KB / Downloads: 5)
.pdf  added to queue more than once.1.2.pdf (Size: 397.29 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf  added to queue more than once.1.3.pdf (Size: 542 KB / Downloads: 3)
(19-03-2014 18:51)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 18:11)bossinga Wrote:  Let's hope they get it right.

cheers,
Stefan

There is nothing for me to remove. I have fixed a bug in MinimServer that Peter found (incorrectly adding a complete genre instead of a single album). This bug could affect any control point that does UPnP searches. The "hang" problem when doing searches using the Stream Magic app isn't related to this bug fix.

Quote:btw. Minim is by far the best and most stable for audio upnp. My friends use it now also and thank me for pointing them to minim. My thanks go to SimonCN!

Thanks very much!

Hello Simon,

Bossinga wrote it is not possible to add something from Folderview anymore. Since I rarely use Folderview I have never noticed this problem.
In Minim 0.72 it is possible to add a album from Folderview to queue (not faultless,some tracks are displayed up to 24 times:see attachments) Using Minim 0.82 it is not possible indeed. After loading a very long time it once happened that all tracks seemed to be loaded to queue! All the other attempts leaded to a empty queue or in the worst case deleted all items safed in the queue.
22-03-2014, 16:52
(22-03-2014 16:47)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Simon,

Bossinga wrote it is not possible to add something from Folderview anymore. Since I rarely use Folderview I have never noticed this problem.
In Minim 0.72 it is possible to add a album from Folderview to queue (not faultless,some tracks are displayed up to 24 times:see attachments) Using Minim 0.82 it is not possible indeed. After loading a very long time it once happened that all tracks seemed to be loaded to queue! All the other attempts leaded to a empty queue or in the worst case deleted all items safed in the queue.

I thought this was the same problem that you had reported (Stream Magic app bug). From this latest post, it seems it isn't the same problem. Are you using folder view to add a single folder that contains a single album?
22-03-2014, 17:43
(22-03-2014 16:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 16:47)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Simon,

I thought this was the same problem that you had reported (Stream Magic app bug). From this latest post, it seems it isn't the same problem. Are you using folder view to add a single folder that contains a single album?
Most of the time Folderview contains more than one album.
But even when you select a single track it won't add to queue(Folderview>Album>Track>add to queue)
Doing the same using 0.72 (testing the same Folder copied from NAS>PC)
adding is succesfull (just adding a few to much).

Regards ,

Peter
22-03-2014, 17:56
(22-03-2014 17:43)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Most of the time Folderview contains more than one album.
But even when you select a single track it won't add to queue(Folderview>Album>Track>add to queue)

Regards ,

Peter

I have found a bug in MinimServer 0.8.1 that would cause this problem when adding a complete folder. In this case, the UPnP Search request would return all items in the library, as you are seeing.

I don't understand what's causing the problem when adding a single track. In this case, I would not expect the Stream Magic app to send a UPnP Search request for the track. Please can you produce a trace log for adding a single track and upload it to my FTP server. There is no need to produce a trace log for adding a complete folder, as I already understand why this isn't working correctly. Many thanks!
23-03-2014, 22:56
(22-03-2014 17:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 17:43)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Most of the time Folderview contains more than one album.

Regards ,

Peter

I have found a bug in MinimServer 0.8.1 that would cause this problem when adding a complete folder. In this case, the UPnP Search request would return all items in the library, as you are seeing.

I don't understand what's causing the problem when adding a single track. In this case, I would not expect the Stream Magic app to send a UPnP Search request for the track. Please can you produce a trace log for adding a single track and upload it to my FTP server. There is no need to produce a trace log for adding a complete folder, as I already understand why this isn't working correctly. Many thanks!

Hello Simon and Peter,

good of you to investigate further. I thought this was due to buggy fw/apps from CA. (oops)
I have mostly one album in a folder and it takes forever to add the songs (between 5 and 18 songs) to the queue. The bug seems a logical explanation as my collection is around half a million songs.

cheers and let's make minim the leading audio streaming server!
Stefan
23-03-2014, 23:14
(23-03-2014 22:56)bossinga Wrote:  Hello Simon and Peter,

good of you to investigate further. I thought this was due to buggy fw/apps from CA. (oops)
I have mostly one album in a folder and it takes forever to add the songs (between 5 and 18 songs) to the queue. The bug seems a logical explanation as my collection is around half a million songs.

cheers and let's make minim the leading audio streaming server!
Stefan

I'm working on a fix for this at the moment.
06-04-2014, 18:52
(23-03-2014 23:14)simoncn Wrote:  I'm working on a fix for this at the moment.

The problem with adding an album from folder view is now fixed as part of MinimServer update 24. This update also contains a number of other fixes for UPnP Search. Please let me know if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly after installing this update.