Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
problem adding to queue
07-03-2014, 19:01
RE: problem adding to queue
(07-03-2014 18:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 21:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello ,

CA latest Firmware update(V266-b-553) should solve the problem.
In my case it doesnt .
When I try to add one album to queue it adds all albums of the selected genre.
I use a Beta app 4.1.17(8207) it may respond diffrent than the "normal " app.

Peter.

This problem is caused by a bug in MinimServer that causes some UPnP Search queries to return incorrect results. It is now fixed in MinimServer update 22.

Hello Simon,

I have both PC and NAS updated and the problem seemed to be solved.
Alfanummeric search has not improved yet.(may also be a CA software problem).

When I add a album to the queue the tracks are displayed in order of track number.
When adding a complete genre to the queue the tracks are sorted alfabetical.
Is this normall behaviour?
Thanks for the support.

Peter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 19:52
(07-03-2014 19:01)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Simon,

When I add a album to the queue the tracks are displayed in order of track number.
Is this normall behaviour?
Thanks for the support.

Peter.

This is the order in which MinimServer returns searched items. Would you prefer something different?
08-03-2014, 13:39
(07-03-2014 19:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 19:01)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Simon,

Is this normal behaviour?
Thanks for the support.

Peter.

This is the order in which MinimServer returns searched items. Would you prefer something different?
Hello Simon,

This is not a big issue, I would prefer albums loaded alfabetical and than the tracks in order of track number.
However, the queue is mostly used to make list of favourite tracks, for instance to joy your music with friends at a party or audiofile meeting.
I wouldn't worry too much about this.
More important for me is to figger out the problems with alfanummeric search.
Is there a way to find out it is a Minim or Cambridge Audio software problem?
How is it supposed to function? I get results on parts of words or complete words that refer to artist titles etc. but never have results for a nummeric search!

Best regards,

Peter.
08-03-2014, 14:07 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 14:08 by simoncn.)
(08-03-2014 13:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Simon,

This is not a big issue, I would prefer albums loaded alfabetical and than the tracks in order of track number.
However, the queue is mostly used to make list of favourite tracks, for instance to joy your music with friends at a party or audiofile meeting.

There is a UPnP Sort specification as well as a UPnP Search specification. MinimServer currently implements UPnP Search but not UPnP Sort. Adding support for UPnP Sort is a possible future enhancement. This would allow the sort order to be specified by the control point.

Quote:More important for me is to figger out the problems with alfanummeric search.
How is it supposed to function? I get results on parts of words or complete words that refer to artist titles etc. but never have results for a nummeric search!

Best regards,

Peter.

What you mean by numeric search? Can you give a specific example?
08-03-2014, 16:00
(08-03-2014 14:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 13:39)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hello Simon,

There is a UPnP Sort specification as well as a UPnP Search specification. MinimServer currently implements UPnP Search but not UPnP Sort. Adding support for UPnP Sort is a possible future enhancement. This would allow the sort order to be specified by the control point.

Quote:More important for me is to figger out the problems with alfanummeric search.

Best regards,

Peter.

What you mean by numeric search? Can you give a specific example?
Hi Simon,

Sometimes I think I am going mad.
This morning I tried to find 461 (461 Ocean Boulevard/ Eric Clapton), 50 (50 Words For Snow/ Kate Bush),69 (69 Love Songs/ Magnetic Fields) etc. but did not get any results (app says “busy transferring” or ”loading” )
To be sure I did some tests this afternoon and to my surprise the same search actions gave the proper results.
Searching for 1997 resulted in finding (Acoustic Live1997/Nils Lofgren).
A second search for 1997 gave no result (“busy transferring”) and all next searches ,even after closing the app were without success.

Regards ,

Peter.
08-03-2014, 17:35
(08-03-2014 16:00)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Sometimes I think I am going mad.
This morning I tried to find 461 (461 Ocean Boulevard/ Eric Clapton), 50 (50 Words For Snow/ Kate Bush),69 (69 Love Songs/ Magnetic Fields) etc. but did not get any results (app says “busy transferring” or ”loading” )
To be sure I did some tests this afternoon and to my surprise the same search actions gave the proper results.
Searching for 1997 resulted in finding (Acoustic Live1997/Nils Lofgren).
A second search for 1997 gave no result (“busy transferring”) and all next searches ,even after closing the app were without success.

Regards ,

Peter.

Please produce a minimserver.log file for this numeric search exactly as you did previously for playing an album. Keep trying these searches until one of them fails, and then copy the log file. Many thanks!
15-03-2014, 22:44 (This post was last modified: 15-03-2014 22:46 by bossinga.)
Hello Simon and Peter,

I installed the new firmware on the stream magic 6 which has a minimserver 'fix': "Fix UPnP search on Minim Server (mantis #1619)"

When I add an album from folder view to the queue on the device itself by pressing the large dial/button, the search for the files does not end. Maybe it is a loop or has something to do with the fix.

Or... maybe a fix for the same problem was found on both ends of the chain...
rel. notes update 22: "Fix Stream Magic problem with UPnP Search query returning incorrect results"

(btw. update 22 was first)

Any ideas?

cheers,
Stefan
15-03-2014, 23:33
(15-03-2014 22:44)bossinga Wrote:  Hello Simon and Peter,

I installed the new firmware on the stream magic 6 which has a minimserver 'fix': "Fix UPnP search on Minim Server (mantis #1619)"

When I add an album from folder view to the queue on the device itself by pressing the large dial/button, the search for the files does not end. Maybe it is a loop or has something to do with the fix.

Or... maybe a fix for the same problem was found on both ends of the chain...
rel. notes update 22: "Fix Stream Magic problem with UPnP Search query returning incorrect results"

(btw. update 22 was first)

Any ideas?

cheers,
Stefan

Hello Stefan and Simon,

Update 22 did solve the problem "adding more than track not possible after introducing Minim 0.81".
Alfanumeric search is still a problem even after the latest firmware release(V266-b-556 released today).
(app version 4.1.19(8315) IOS 7.).
I have informed CA about still having problems with UPNP search,since it seems not to be a Minim issue.
I will do some testing on the device itself ( I allways use the app).

Best regards,

Peter.
16-03-2014, 00:17
Smile RE: problem adding to queue
.553 is the latest Peter

seems to me you have a close connection to CA Wink
16-03-2014, 10:51
I checked the app this morning: same problem.
Adding a single album to the queue in folder view is impossible now.

I think if CA sticks to the upnp/dlna conventions we would be better
off. As stated on other boards, the stream magic app is not very good.
I hope CA decides to do a complete overhaul of the code.

If Peter has found a workaround just for our device, it may be good to remove that.

just my 2 cents,

Stefan