Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcoding with Minimserver
04-08-2013, 23:20
RE: Transcoding with Minimserver
(04-08-2013 22:43)wappinghigh Wrote:  DSD>WAV would be fine Simon. Anything that works! Cheers

This would be the Top Entry of my MinS wishlist.
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 23:46
(04-08-2013 22:43)wappinghigh Wrote:  DSD>WAV would be fine Simon. Anything that works! Cheers

For MinimServer to enable this, it would be necessary for this conversion to be supported as part of FFmpeg or a similar stream conversion program. How are you doing this conversion currently?
05-08-2013, 06:16
Well I'm not ATM. I'm looking around for a solution whilst waiting for OPPO to get their act into gear and to support DSD directly via uPnP (as you know)

Now obviously direct DSD streaming via uPnP would be ideal, but since nothing is happening on that front I am looking at a "plan B"

Permanent file conversion to PCM via Foobar has been mentioned for this in other forums, though I am yet to try this....
05-08-2013, 07:29
(05-08-2013 06:16)wappinghigh Wrote:  Well I'm not ATM. I'm looking around for a solution whilst waiting for OPPO to get their act into gear and to support DSD directly via uPnP (as you know)

Now obviously direct DSD streaming via uPnP would be ideal, but since nothing is happening on that front I am looking at a "plan B"

Permanent file conversion to PCM via Foobar has been mentioned for this in other forums, though I am yet to try this....

I've looked into this, and I don't see any practical option at the moment for supporting this in MinimServer.

For offline conversion, the best tools seem to be Saracon and Audiogate. For real-time streaming, you can try foobar and JRiver.
05-08-2013, 13:08
(04-08-2013 23:46)simoncn Wrote:  

For MinimServer to enable this, it would be necessary for this conversion to be supported as part of FFmpeg or a similar stream conversion program. How are you doing this conversion currently?

There is a FooBar Plugin called foo_input_sacd
together with bubblguums Upnp Plugin FooBar can even
stream SACD isofiles as a 176kHz 24bit wave to my renderer Shy
05-08-2013, 13:23
(05-08-2013 07:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 06:16)wappinghigh Wrote:  Well I'm not ATM. I'm looking around for a solution whilst waiting for OPPO to get their act into gear and to support DSD directly via uPnP (as you know)

I've looked into this, and I don't see any practical option at the moment for supporting this in MinimServer.

For offline conversion, the best tools seem to be Saracon and Audiogate. For real-time streaming, you can try foobar and JRiver.
Q/ Why would I want to real time stream with Foobar or JRiver when I have MinimServer? Smile

Saracon costs over 1K and Audiogate just does Stereo Smile
05-08-2013, 15:42
(05-08-2013 13:08)Oliviander Wrote:  There is a FooBar Plugin called foo_input_sacd

This sounds like a good solution, assuming that it works when foobar is running as a control point with MinimServer as the server. Can it be used with this configuration?
05-08-2013, 19:15
(05-08-2013 15:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 13:08)Oliviander Wrote:  There is a FooBar Plugin called foo_input_sacd

This sounds like a good solution, assuming that it works when foobar is running as a control point with MinimServer as the server. Can it be used with this configuration?

I can't say if this setup works Huh
because I have only sacd iso files at the moment.
And minimserver can't handle these files.
I plan, to extract dsf files in the near future.
But in the moment I am still occupied with the
ripping of my SACDs and the rest of my CDs.

But in the moment it is easier solution
to use foobar as a server (only) for these files. Cool
05-08-2013, 23:47
Well one thing is 4 sure. I am not bothering with JRiver! It won't even load MinimServer LOL!
08-08-2013, 08:58
(05-08-2013 23:47)wappinghigh Wrote:  Well one thing is 4 sure. I am not bothering with JRiver! It won't even load MinimServer LOL!

This is because the JRiver import process from an external UPnP server requires the server to support UPnP Search. This support will be available in the next release of MinimServer.