Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial setup
20-07-2019, 22:09
RE: Initial setup
(20-07-2019 21:16)Alandbush Wrote:  Actually, perhaps more important than the name is the programs’ location.

@Fess2709: instead of following the instructions for the second part do the following:-

1. Select the Start icon (bottom left corner)
2. From the program list, scroll to and select the MinimServer folder
3. From the expanded folder, right click the MinimServer entry; select More; select Open file location
4. From the Windows explorer window, right click the MinimServer shortcut and select Open with...

Alandbush, Thanks so much for assistance. I followed thru your 4 suggestions ok. Just not sure what to do next as I am left with a screen asking: How do you want to open this file?
Keep using this app - Java™Platform SE binary
other options: look for an app in the store
I can select always use this app to open jar.

Thanks again for taking the time I will be very happy if I get this running.

One thing I want to mention is I see an icon on the bottom right of screen where time and date is. When I go over it I get a msg "MinimServer (Laptop-J924TL4)is running
I can look for app in store or check "allways use this app to open .jar files
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2019, 22:19
(20-07-2019 13:49)Fess2709 Wrote:  I have tried to install jarfix 4x and just don't see where I would double click or if I have to.

Download the jarfix.exe file, place it in any folder, open Windows Explorer, navigate to that folder and double-click on jarfix.exe.
20-07-2019, 23:29 (This post was last modified: 20-07-2019 23:38 by Alandbush.)
(20-07-2019 22:09)Fess2709 Wrote:  Just not sure what to do next as I am left with a screen asking: How do you want to open this file?
Keep using this app - Java™Platform SE binary
other options: look for an app in the store

You do not need to do anything. You have confirmed that the MinimServer program is correctly associated with Java.

(20-07-2019 22:09)Fess2709 Wrote:  One thing I want to mention is I see an icon on the bottom right of screen where time and date is. When I go over it I get a msg "MinimServer (Laptop-J924TL4)is running
I can look for app in store or check "allways use this app to open .jar files

Ah, this may simply be a misunderstanding of what you expect from MinimServer. Unlike many programs on startup, MinimServer does not display a Windows Gui. Instead, it appears as a minim icon as you have described. To open up a Windows Gui you must right click the minim icon and select the Properties option. From here check that the ‘contentDir’ option contains the path to your Music directory, e.g. C:\Users\admin\Music

For your Music directory to be scanned you may need to right click the minim icon again and select the Rescan option.
21-07-2019, 00:00 (This post was last modified: 21-07-2019 00:19 by Fess2709.)
(20-07-2019 22:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-07-2019 13:49)Fess2709 Wrote:  I have tried to install jarfix 4x and just don't see where I would double click or if I have to.

Download the jarfix.exe file, place it in any folder, open Windows Explorer, navigate to that folder and double-click on jarfix.exe.

Thanks Simon, I was able to do this. I then see a window: Jarfix v3.0.0 has been registered and java can be run with a doubleclick? It has been run as an administrator account?
?what do I doubleclick java or jarfix.
It tells me it has been run under and administrator account if problem persists run under the user account.
21-07-2019, 00:22
(21-07-2019 00:00)Fess2709 Wrote:  
(20-07-2019 22:19)simoncn Wrote:  

Thanks Simon, My best bet may be to wait until my son in law is here for dinner tomorrow. I have downloaded Jarfix but not sure how to place it in a folder. I'll keep trying and get back to you.

Following the investigation you performed earlier, there is no need to run jarfix. Although it will do no harm if you do.

MinimServer is correctly associated with Java and, more importantly, you have indicated that MinimServer is running.

Your control app, presumably Streammagic, will discover MinimServer as a UPNP server. You will need to navigate to the Media/UPNP servers menu and select MinimServer. From then on, you use the Streammagic app as before but MinimServer will be providing the music data.
21-07-2019, 02:39 (This post was last modified: 21-07-2019 02:59 by Fess2709.)
Many thx, I apologize for the confusion. Cambridge Audio stopped Streammagic b4 I purchased my player. I have downloaded the "Cambridge Connect App" but only on Tablet and ipod touch. Using this App I have only been able to use the radio presets. I know see Minimserver on Cambridge Connect. I have to figure out how to get my music there as there seems to be no content avail to play. Getting closer.
21-07-2019, 10:29
(21-07-2019 02:39)Fess2709 Wrote:  I have to figure out how to get my music there as there seems to be no content avail to play. Getting closer.

Please reread this post
29-07-2019, 18:00
All is working great other than not being able to view any album artwork. I am using the "Cambridge Connect" App. If it means anything I see MP3 or M4A displayed, Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
29-07-2019, 21:20
(29-07-2019 18:00)Fess2709 Wrote:  All is working great other than not being able to view any album artwork. I am using the "Cambridge Connect" App. If it means anything I see MP3 or M4A displayed, Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Do your files have artwork in folders named Folder JPG or PNG or Cover JPG-PNG?.
I am shure the connect app can display artwork in a proper way, I still use this app.
29-07-2019, 22:03
(29-07-2019 18:00)Fess2709 Wrote:  All is working great other than not being able to view any album artwork. I am using the "Cambridge Connect" App. If it means anything I see MP3 or M4A displayed, Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

I am assuming that the content of the following link is still valid.

Why-can-t-I-see-album-artwork-on-my-CXN-and-Connect-app.

To embed the cover art, you will need a Tag editor, e.g. mp3tag, which despite the name will also tag other file formats such as FLAC and WAV.
It also supports updating a library of audio files in a single step known as batch processing which is something you may need.