MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Initial setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi, I just installed Minimserver on my laptop to control music to my Cambridge Audio NP30. I admittedly am not very proficient with computer usage. It seemed to go well until a screen popped up asking "how do you want to open this file" 1. look for app in the store 2. Always use this app to open .jarfiles. I tried both to no avail.
I reinstalled Java and tried Jarfix but Minimserver does not open.
I have no idea what to do, I have recontacted Cambridge Connect support who steered me to Minimserver. Not sure what else to add, I have 11k of songs in an iTunes file and would like to use my Ipod Touch or Tablet to play music.
Welcome to the forum.

I suspect windows has an incorrect file association.

See this post and follow the link for jarfix

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...ssociation
For all previous cases of this problem, Jarfix has always solved it. Perhaps there is a recent change to Windows that is causing Jarfix to fail. Which version of Windows (exact build level) are you running on your laptop?
(18-07-2019 10:46)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]For all previous cases of this problem, Jarfix has always solved it. Perhaps there is a recent change to Windows that is causing Jarfix to fail. Which version of Windows (exact build level) are you running on your laptop?

Hi Simon, Windows 10, I will try Jarfix again tonight. Overnight I thought perhaps I just didnt give Minimserver enough time to move files but same thing this morning.
Thanks for reply
If Jarfix doesn't work, please post the exact build level of Windows 10 that you are using.
Windows 10 home, version 1803 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor. I have tried to install jarfix 4x and just don't see where I would double click or if I have to. Sorry for my lack of understanding, I thought this would be easier. I would like to give it one more try if any suggestions. I must be doing something wrong.
(20-07-2019 13:49)Fess2709 Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 10 home, version 1803 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor. I have tried to install jarfix 4x and just don't see where I would double click or if I have to. Sorry for my lack of understanding, I thought this would be easier. I would like to give it one more try if any suggestions. I must be doing something wrong.

I wonder if we can establish the success or otherwise of jarfix.

Could you follow the instructions on this website, in particular, the section headed ‘CHANGING ANY AND ALL’.

My Windows 10 x64 shows the following:-

.jar Java™ Platform SE binary

Assuming that this is correct could you follow the instructions for the first section headed ‘CHANGING ONE FILE TYPE’, for the MinimServer.exe file.
This ensures that there is no local override of the global setting.

Again, I see the association is with Java™ Platform SE binary.

Interested to read how your pc is setup.
There is no MinimServer.exe file. The relevant file is mserver.jar.
(20-07-2019 19:43)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]There is no MinimServer.exe file. The relevant file is mserver.jar.

Doh! What a mistake. After all, the issue is about java file associations.
@simoncn: Thanks very much for the correction.
Actually, perhaps more important than the name is the programs’ location.

@Fess2709: instead of following the instructions for the second part do the following:-

1. Select the Start icon (bottom left corner)
2. From the program list, scroll to and select the MinimServer folder
3. From the expanded folder, right click the MinimServer entry; select More; select Open file location
4. From the Windows explorer window, right click the MinimServer shortcut and select Open with...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's