Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
22-05-2019, 16:55
RE: lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
Ya, same here. The last update didnt really improve on this one. First it looked slightly better but after a few days usage - not really.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2019, 15:53
There will be many on this forum who know far more about home networks than I do, not least the forum owner.

That said, my network, by and large is behaving itself very well at the moment.

The great improvement came when I create what I understand is called a sub-net. That is I used my Virgin Superbhub simply as a modem, and installed a Netgear router which feeds into a switch from which everything else comes out.
I have been told that routers supplied by the likes of Virgin and many others are not good for hifi systems. I am told that they tend to reallocate addresses for no apparent reason.

My greatest problem used to be that I could rarely access my Linn account - which holds all the Space and streamer adjustments.
It has been 100% OK since introducing the sub-net, and Lumin nearly always behaves itself. Sometimes I have to restart it on my iPad, but I tend to get in the habit of flicking it off the screen when I have finished making up a playlist anyway.

Also for good measure, I have fixed the address on my Melco (a feature it has) to something like 192.168.0.14.
I do not know if there is an app which allows one to fix all the addresses in a home network. If so doing just that might improve things.

It seems that networks are a bit of a black art unless one is really knowledgeable, which I am not, and it seems few people are....

Donuk beautiful downtown York
25-05-2019, 17:26
You can fix the addresses for all devices in your network by using a router setting. For each device, you tell the router the MAC address of the device and the IP address you want for it.

The MAC address is not related to Apple Macintosh. It consists of 6 pairs of hexadecimal digits separated by colons and you should be able to find it on a sticker somewhere on the device. On the Melco, you can see it by using the front panel selections Status > Network > LAN.

If you set up your network in this way, each device contacts the router using the DHCP protocol to request an IP address and the router returns a fixed address instead of a randomly allocated one. The device isn't aware that the router is using a fixed address.
03-06-2019, 19:12
I notice that the latest Linn streamer software (4.70.300) out today (3/6/19) has "Implemented more reliable communication of device state to wireless control points".

Whether that improves things, I knoweth not....

04-06-2019, 15:26
(03-06-2019 19:12)Donuk Wrote:  I notice that the latest Linn streamer software (4.70.300) out today (3/6/19) has "Implemented more reliable communication of device state to wireless control points".

Thanks for the notification Donuk - updated to latest Davaar a minute ago and everything has been stable so far....Big Grin....will have to see whether this solves anything, will be posting my findings!
04-06-2019, 15:52
Hi,

this is an interesting information. But I do not hope that fixing the client is the last solution for this. If it was, the app will never work again correctly to control the openhome-BubbleUPnPServer and other clients, I fear.
05-06-2019, 13:02 (This post was last modified: 05-06-2019 13:03 by FransZappa.)
(04-06-2019 15:26)FransZappa Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 19:12)Donuk Wrote:  I notice that the latest Linn streamer software (4.70.300) out today (3/6/19) has "Implemented more reliable communication of device state to wireless control points".

Thanks for the notification Donuk - updated to latest Davaar a minute ago and everything has been stable so far....Big Grin....will have to see whether this solves anything, will be posting my findings!

No - the Davaar update does not solve the issue, mainly because it is most likely a Lumin app issue. Off all the thing connected by wifi over here the Lumin app is the only one losing the connection to the router?the Linn streamer?minimserver?the nas?
18-06-2019, 17:55
I just found this threat, I have the exact same problem Lumin loses contact with Linn Klimax DS and I have to restart Lumin to see the playlist.
Connection is very strong, not a connectivity problem.
Any news about Lumin app?

dCS Vivaldi One + Vivaldi Clock
Pass Labs XP32 Preamp
Pass Labs XA60 Monoblocks
Sonus Faber Serafino Homage
18-06-2019, 18:00
Does anybody of you already have an account in the forum https://www.audioshark.org/lumin-169/ and might report the issue there?
21-06-2019, 18:44 (This post was last modified: 21-06-2019 18:44 by bbrip.)
No, I had send Lumin by Mail directly and reminded them again recently. No response. Maybe you wanna try thru that forum?

The problem persists despite new firmware, App update etc etc.....