Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver on Synology error after install
05-11-2015, 22:42
RE: Minimserver on Synology error after install
(05-11-2015 21:26)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote:  Hi, yes I have. I can now see the library on my ipad, select a song and push play. But then nothing seems to happen.

When I open minimwatch on my laptop, the icon remains grey...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The MinimWatch problem on your laptop is likely to be caused by the Windows firewall blocking inbound connections to Java. Please completely disable the Windows firewall as a test to see if this is the problem.

What is the file format (e.g., FLAC, WAV, MP3, ALAC, AIFF, AAC) of the songs that won't play using JPlayStreamer? Have you installed MinimStreamer and set the correct transcoding options as described on the JPlay website?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 09:51
I have just started trying again. It connects fine from my laptop (with windows firewall on). I still have problems with 'searching for music library' on my laptop when I start Kazoo (can't try my ipad right now). This message is now on for a very long time.

I only want to play wav files so I don't have to set the transcoding right?
07-11-2015, 12:07
(07-11-2015 09:51)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote:  I have just started trying again. It connects fine from my laptop (with windows firewall on). I still have problems with 'searching for music library' on my laptop when I start Kazoo (can't try my ipad right now). This message is now on for a very long time.

If MinimWatch is able to find MinimServer on the Synology and Kazoo (running on the same laptop as MinimWatch) is not able to find MinimServer on the Synology, this sounds like a Kazoo problem.

Quote:I only want to play wav files so I don't have to set the transcoding right?

Yes, that's correct.