MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver on Synology error after install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,

I just installed Minim Server on my Synology NAS with DSM 5.2. I already installed Java 8. However, when I run the app from the main menu, a new tab opens on my explorer page but then I get an error " this page cannot be displayed".

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!
(31-10-2015 19:37)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I just installed Minim Server on my Synology NAS with DSM 5.2. I already installed Java 8. However, when I run the app from the main menu, a new tab opens on my explorer page but then I get an error " this page cannot be displayed".

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like MinimServer isn't running. If you open the Package Center, does the status for MinimServer show as Running or something else? If it isn't showing as Running, you can select Run from the Package Center.

You could also try rebooting the NAS to see if this solves the problem.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It states that it is running. I already tried de/reinstalling (java and minimserver) and rebooting the nas.

Any other thoughts? I greatly appreciate it.
(31-10-2015 22:17)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It states that it is running. I already tried de/reinstalling (java and minimserver) and rebooting the nas.

Any other thoughts? I greatly appreciate it.

This could be a problem with page caching in your web browser. Can you try opening the page from a different web browser? To do this, type

http://x.x.x.x:9790

in the browser address field, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your NAS.
Hi,

I already tried that. Also doesn't work unfortunately.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!
(01-11-2015 09:15)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I already tried that. Also doesn't work unfortunately.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Is MinimServer working when you play music? Does it show up when you run MinimWatch on your computer? Can you use MinimWatch to view the Properties window and use this to change property settings?
I'm not sure what you mean.

It works fine on my laptop when I play with Linn Kazoo.

But I want to use it from my Synology to stream from there instead from my laptop.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks again!
(01-11-2015 14:22)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean.

It works fine on my laptop when I play with Linn Kazoo.

But I want to use it from my Synology to stream from there instead from my laptop.

Does this make any sense?

Thanks again!

With MinimServer installed on the Synology, you need to have MinimWatch installed on the laptop so that you can use MinimWatch to configure MinimServer. If you install and run MinimWatch on the laptop (see this page for instructions) without running MinimServer on the laptop, does MinimWatch find MinimServer successfully and show a green minim icon in the system tray?
I just installed minimwatch on my laptop but the icon remains grey. I checked if Minimserver is running and the DS app states it does.

Any other thoughts what might cause this/what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
(01-11-2015 20:44)r.sitompoel@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed minimwatch on my laptop but the icon remains grey. I checked if Minimserver is running and the DS app states it does.

Any other thoughts what might cause this/what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

It sounds like something is wrong on the DS side and MinimServer isn't really running even though the DS Package Center thinks it is running.

In a earlier post, you said that you have installed Java 8 on the DS. Which model of DS do you have and how did you install Java 8?

Did you install the version of MinimServer that is available from the DS Package Center or did you download MinimServer from the MinimServer website and do a manual install in the DS Package Center?

What happens if you use the DS Package Center to stop and restart MinimServer?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's