Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
long time to show minim on my andriod
20-08-2015, 22:02
RE: long time to show minim on my andriod
(20-08-2015 08:04)smirnoff Wrote:  I`ll try...

To confirm that this is the cause of the problem, please try opening BubbleUPnP and then restart MinimServer by selecting Restart from the minim icon. Does this make MinimServer show up in BubbleUPnP immediately after the restart completes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2015, 08:33
after restar Mininmserver, it appears imediately on my bubble library when icon turns green
21-08-2015, 10:14 (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 10:14 by smirnoff.)
but I discover somethnig else - after 10 minutes (or more) with no activity on my Denon streamer (no music playing), Minimserver dissapear from bubble upnp software on android mobile/tablet
21-08-2015, 12:54
(21-08-2015 08:33)smirnoff Wrote:  after restar Mininmserver, it appears imediately on my bubble library when icon turns green

This means that the "alive" message sent by MinimServer when it starts is being received successfully by BubbleUPnP.
21-08-2015, 12:55
(21-08-2015 10:14)smirnoff Wrote:  but I discover somethnig else - after 10 minutes (or more) with no activity on my Denon streamer (no music playing), Minimserver dissapear from bubble upnp software on android mobile/tablet

This is a symptom of network multicast issues. I think you will probably need to change the router to fix these problems.
23-08-2015, 11:02
don`t thnik so...all of my other media player staya connected no matter how log they are on stand by...
also, while I use Mezzmo, no such foults were occured...
23-08-2015, 15:09 (This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 15:37 by simoncn.)
(23-08-2015 11:02)smirnoff Wrote:  don`t thnik so...all of my other media player staya connected no matter how log they are on stand by...
also, while I use Mezzmo, no such foults were occured...

Which other media players are you using that stay connected? Do they stay connected to MinimServer?

It is possible that the problem might be caused by a firewall or antivirus program running on the PC. As a test, please try completely disabling any such programs to see whether this improves things.

If this doesn't help, I don't have any more suggestions. Some media servers send very frequent "alive" messages as an attempted workaround for network multicast problems and this might be the reason why Mezzmo is working. The ohNet UPnP stack that MinimServer uses doesn't send these very frequent messages (it follows the UPnP specification) and there isn't any way for MinimServer to change this.
23-08-2015, 18:08
WD live and Iamm media player instantly show Minim server...andriod phone and tablet don`t...
23-08-2015, 19:14
(23-08-2015 18:08)smirnoff Wrote:  WD live and Iamm media player instantly show Minim server...andriod phone and tablet don`t...

This is consistent with the symptoms of a network multicast problem. These problems often affect wireless connections but not wired connections.
03-09-2015, 20:29
(23-08-2015 19:14)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 18:08)smirnoff Wrote:  WD live and Iamm media player instantly show Minim server...andriod phone and tablet don`t...

This is consistent with the symptoms of a network multicast problem. These problems often affect wireless connections but not wired connections.

I have the same issue. My workaround (pending my now looking at the multicast issue) was to set my Asus tablet that controls everything to never sleep. The Minimserver and BubbleuPnP apps stay running all the time and so I don't have the issue of them shutting off, once the 5-10 minutes to get it up and running goes by. Just means that I have to shut the screen down manually on the tablet and plug it in to stay charged when not using it. JCR