MinimServer Forum

Full Version: long time to show minim on my andriod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
when I open "bubble upnp" it takes 5-10 minutes to detect minim on my network aldo minim sever is running all the time!
why?
(16-08-2015 15:49)smirnoff Wrote: [ -> ]when I open "bubble upnp" it takes 5-10 minutes to detect minim on my network aldo minim sever is running all the time!
why?

This means there is a problem with how your network handles multicast messages. BubbleUPnP is sending an M-SEARCH multicast message when you open it and this message isn't being received by MinimServer. After a few minutes, MinimServer sends an Alive multicast message and BubbleUPnP is receiving this message.

What computer or NAS are you using to run MinimServer? How is this machine connected to your router (wired ethernet, wireless, powerline, etc.)?

Does your router have a setting to disable IGMP snooping? If so, this setting might improve things.
hello, thanks for helping,

I use desktop PC, connected on my router and switch via LAN cable. All my media players in the house (2x WD live and Iamm) connect to shared folders instantlly, but with Minim is always a big delay witch make me dissapointed...

Have no idea is my router under IGMP settings - maybe some help about that...
(19-08-2015 08:52)smirnoff Wrote: [ -> ]hello, thanks for helping,

I use desktop PC, connected on my router and switch via LAN cable. All my media players in the house (2x WD live and Iamm) connect to shared folders instantlly, but with Minim is always a big delay witch make me dissapointed...

Have no idea is my router under IGMP settings - maybe some help about that...

Shared folders don't use multicast, so the network multicast problem isn't affecting that.

What is the make and model of your router and your switch?
router ZTE 931, switch Canyon CND08
(19-08-2015 09:36)smirnoff Wrote: [ -> ]router ZTE 931, switch Canyon CND08

In the router configuration, under Advanced Setup > LAN, there is a check box named "Enable IGMP Snooping". Is this check box enabled? If so, try disabling it and powering all your equipment off and on, starting with the router.

For more information about configuring this setting, see pages 75 and 76 of this document.
I`ll try that later this evennig!!
no, I don`t have this option on my router...probably due to new FW inside given by my provider...
(19-08-2015 22:04)smirnoff Wrote: [ -> ]no, I don`t have this option on my router...probably due to new FW inside given by my provider...

Can you contact your provider and tell them that you need to disable IGMP snooping and see what they advise? Perhaps they could supply a different model of router.
I`ll try...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's