Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
27-12-2012, 23:38
RE: PS audio Perfectwave
(27-12-2012 23:17)Alekz Wrote:  OK, so it's the PWD then. Rygel to be more precise.

@Alekz, do you think it's possible to ask PSA expert to come to this forum to discuss with Simon how to make their emm better Big Grin -- Just for fun...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 23:49
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!already recommand to All PS audio Perfectwave users!
Simon,
Here attached is the new complete log which i made just now. the log level is set to trace once i play the music.
And i keep monitoring the status of the log file. Unfortunately,there is nothing found after step 6.
"6) When the file finishes playing, you might see some messages in the log window"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.zip  log2.zip (Size: 6.62 KB / Downloads: 2)
28-12-2012, 00:19
RE: Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
(27-12-2012 23:36)mpj645 Wrote:  Simon, I thought I did the exactly the same procedure whichyou listed. But i just delete some record which i thougt has no relation to the problem.(othwerwise the log will too long...)
I am sorry for this , i will attach a new complete log file later.

The log shouldn't be too long if you enable Trace after MinimServer has started and after you have browsed to the folder containing the songs to play. You should enable Trace immediately before you start to play the first song.

Quote:Regarding ape, for my personal opinion ape v2 is enough. I don't understanding your meaning on "would it be OK to do this for MP3 files only?" I guess you mean cue only support mp3 files ? Sorry for my poor english. I come from China ...Blush

Your English is fine, no problem! Smile

The question about MP3 was for APE support, not CUE support. Sorry that I didn't make this clear. If I add CUE support in the future, it will be for all file types.

Is it OK if Minimserver recognizes APE tags for MP3 files only?
28-12-2012, 00:26
(27-12-2012 23:49)mpj645 Wrote:  Simon,
Here attached is the new complete log which i made just now. the log level is set to trace once i play the music.
And i keep monitoring the status of the log file. Unfortunately,there is nothing found after step 6.
"6) When the file finishes playing, you might see some messages in the log window"

Thanks for doing this.

Some of the error messages in the log might be caused by a platform charset issue. Please can you change the logging level to Verbose and restart MinimServer. This will display a log message with the name of the platform default charset. Please can you let me know what name is shown for the platform default charset. Thanks!
28-12-2012, 00:34
(27-12-2012 14:30)mpj645 Wrote:  btw, i found another issue by using elyric with minimserver. I thought it should also related to the problem I post this morning . When i use the office upnp software from psa . I can found play all button in the control point. But if i swith to minimserver the button will miss...

Here attached is the screen capture for your easy reference.

I see a difference in the screenshots that might be causing these problems. The MinimServer display has ">> Tag View" as the first line. You can remove this line by setting the showExtras property to false on the Advanced properties page and then pressing OK and selecting Restart from the minim icon. Please try this and let me know if it fixes either or both of these problems (no 'play all' button and next song not started automatically).
28-12-2012, 13:49
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!already recommand to All PS audio Perfectwave users!
"I see a difference in the screenshots that might be causing these problems. The MinimServer display has ">> Tag View" as the first line. You can remove this line by setting the showExtras property to false on the Advanced properties page and then pressing OK and selecting Restart from the minim icon. Please try this and let me know if it fixes either or both of these problems (no 'play all' button and next song not started automatically)."

Just tried , "Play all" is appear and working fine now. But still cannot play next song in the same folder automatically . For me the current situation is good enough. Because i can use play all to add all files to the play queue then it will continue playing.

"Is it OK if Minimserver recognizes APE tags for MP3 files only? "
Yes , of course.

For me it's almost a perfect upnp server software ,once cue supported i believe i will remove the almost ... Blush
Thanks again Simon !!!
29-12-2012, 14:43

I've been looking at this log file, and I think I know what is causing the problem.

When you browse your library, MinimServer sends the control point a URL for each file. For international (Chinese) characters, this URL contains percent encoding.

When you ask the control point to play a file, the control point sends this URL to the renderer (player), and the renderer uses this URL to request the file from MinimServer. The control point should send the URL to the renderer without changing the percent encoding, and the renderer should send the URL to MinimServer without changing the percent encoding.

The problem is that either the control point or the renderer is removing the percent encoding from the URL and sending MinimServer a URL that contains Chinese characters without percent encoding. Sending these characters is an error according to the rules of HTTP, and this produces the java.io.FileNotFoundException messages that you see in the log.

Which control point and renderer are you using?
30-12-2012, 00:35 (This post was last modified: 30-12-2012 00:36 by mpj645.)
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
(29-12-2012 14:43)simoncn Wrote:  

I've been looking at this log file, and I think I know what is causing the problem.

When you browse your library, MinimServer sends the control point a URL for each file. For international (Chinese) characters, this URL contains percent encoding.

When you ask the control point to play a file, the control point sends this URL to the renderer (player), and the renderer uses this URL to request the file from MinimServer. The control point should send the URL to the renderer without changing the percent encoding, and the renderer should send the URL to MinimServer without changing the percent encoding.

The problem is that either the control point or the renderer is removing the percent encoding from the URL and sending MinimServer a URL that contains Chinese characters without percent encoding. Sending these characters is an error according to the rules of HTTP, and this produces the java.io.FileNotFoundException messages that you see in the log.

Which control point and renderer are you using?

I use ps audio perfectwave mKII as the render and Ps audio elryic as it's control point.
You can find some details from below link.
perfectwave mKII
http://www.psaudio.com/shop/perfectwave-dac/

Elyric
http://www.psaudio.com/products/audio/elyric-manager/

Thanks Simon.

John
30-12-2012, 02:31
PS audio Perfectwave
He-he, hello from the PS Audio forum Big Grin

"The most users online at one time was 117 on Yesterday at 19:18"
30-12-2012, 10:45
(30-12-2012 00:35)mpj645 Wrote:  I use ps audio perfectwave mKII as the render and Ps audio elryic as it's control point.
You can find some details from below link.
perfectwave mKII
http://www.psaudio.com/shop/perfectwave-dac/

Elyric
http://www.psaudio.com/products/audio/elyric-manager/

Thanks Simon.

John

How can I set up eLyric to use MinimServer as a remote server instead of using the local server that's built in to eLyric?