Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
26-12-2012, 23:27 (This post was last modified: 30-12-2012 21:29 by simoncn.)
Thumbs Up Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
Below is the link - I just hope those users will not missed such a great upnp server, it is even much better than psa official upnp software - emm.

http://www.psaudio.com/forum/#/discussion/comment/45026

HeartHeartHeart

Thanks a lot Simon to provide such a wonderful software.

Here i just have 2 question,
1).Is it possble to support cue and ape in further version ?

2).I have a PS audio perfectwave mkII upnp renderer, and iphone with Eyric( Psa official upnp player). The problem is if i user its official upnp server emm ,then when i play a music file from the library .When finished , it will play the next file under same folder automatically but when i use the minimserver it just stopped .
I am not so sure this problem is due to controller (eylric) or server (minim server ) side.

Merry Christmas !

John Ma
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 07:48
RE: Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server
(26-12-2012 23:27)mpj645 Wrote:  Below is the link - I just hope those users will not missed such a great upnp server, it is even much better than psa official upnp software - emm.

HeartHeartHeart

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Smile

Quote:Here i just have 2 question,

I'm thinking about adding CUE support in a future version. I'll need to look at the APE specification and some sample APE files to see how much work would be needed to support APE in MinimServer. Would it be OK to support APEv2 but not APEv1, and would it be OK to do this for MP3 files only?

Quote:2).I have a PS audio perfectwave mkII upnp renderer, and iphone with Eyric( Psa official upnp player). The problem is if i user its official upnp server emm ,then when i play a music file from the library .When finished , it will play the next file under same folder automatically but when i use the minimserver it just stopped .
I am not so sure this problem is due to controller (eylric) or server (minim server ) side.

Merry Christmas !

John Ma

To play the next file in the same folder, the control point would need to send a new request to MinimServer to start streaming this file. This is how most UPnP control points (such as Linn Kinsky) work.

Please can you run a trace by doing the following:

1) Start MinimServer
2) Start playing a music file
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, change the logging level to Trace
5) Leave the log window open
6) When the file finishes playing, you might see some messages in the log window
7) Press 'Save as' to save the log file
8) Change the logging level back to Info
9) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

The messages from step 6 (if there are any) should help me understand what's happening.
27-12-2012, 14:25
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!already recommand to All PS audio Perfectwave users!
(27-12-2012 07:48)simoncn Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 23:27)mpj645 Wrote:  Below is the link - I just hope those users will not missed such a great upnp server, it is even much better than psa official upnp software - emm.

HeartHeartHeart

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Smile

Quote:Here i just have 2 question,

I'm thinking about adding CUE support in a future version. I'll need to look at the APE specification and some sample APE files to see how much work would be needed to support APE in MinimServer. Would it be OK to support APEv2 but not APEv1, and would it be OK to do this for MP3 files only?

Quote:2).I have a PS audio perfectwave mkII upnp renderer, and iphone with Eyric( Psa official upnp player). The problem is if i user its official upnp server emm ,then when i play a music file from the library .When finished , it will play the next file under same folder automatically but when i use the minimserver it just stopped .

Merry Christmas !

John Ma

To play the next file in the same folder, the control point would need to send a new request to MinimServer to start streaming this file. This is how most UPnP control points (such as Linn Kinsky) work.

Please can you run a trace by doing the following:

1) Start MinimServer
2) Start playing a music file
3) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
4) In the log window, change the logging level to Trace
5) Leave the log window open
6) When the file finishes playing, you might see some messages in the log window
7) Press 'Save as' to save the log file
8) Change the logging level back to Info
9) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

The messages from step 6 (if there are any) should help me understand what's happening.

Thanks Simon for the prompt and detail reply. Really glad to hear that cue will be supported in the coming futrue. Smile
Here attached is the log file for your reference.

Attached File(s)
.zip  log.zip (Size: 1.21 KB / Downloads: 2)
27-12-2012, 14:30 (This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 14:31 by mpj645.)
Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!already recommand to All PS audio Perfectwave users!
btw, i found another issue by using elyric with minimserver. I thought it should also related to the problem I post this morning . When i use the office upnp software from psa . I can found play all button in the control point. But if i swith to minimserver the button will miss...

Here attached is the screen capture for your easy reference.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

27-12-2012, 16:01
RE: Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
(27-12-2012 14:25)mpj645 Wrote:  Thanks Simon for the prompt and detail reply. Really glad to hear that cue will be supported in the coming futrue. Smile

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I didn't say that CUE will be supported, only that I'm thinking about this.

Quote:Here attached is the log file for your reference.

Thanks for this. There are some error messages in the log, and I'll try to figure out what's causing them.

I don't think this log was produced with the logging level set to Trace. Would you be able to repeat this, using all the steps that I gave in my previous post?

Also, would you be able to answer the questions in my previous post about APE support?
27-12-2012, 16:52
PS audio Perfectwave
Quick question related to PWD. Does MinimServer support gapless playback? Or the gapless is used by default and it's the PWD (PerfectWave DAC) issue?

Thanks Simon for the great piece of software!
27-12-2012, 16:54
PS audio Perfectwave
(26-12-2012 23:27)mpj645 Wrote:  The problem is if i user its official upnp server emm ,then when i play a music file from the library .When finished , it will play the next file under same folder automatically but when i use the minimserver it just stopped .

John, it works fine with BubbleUPnP and Minim.
27-12-2012, 23:01
RE: PS audio Perfectwave
(27-12-2012 16:52)Alekz Wrote:  Quick question related to PWD. Does MinimServer support gapless playback? Or the gapless is used by default and it's the PWD (PerfectWave DAC) issue?

Thanks Simon for the great piece of software!

Gapless playback is a function of the renderer and control point, not the server. MinimServer supports gapless playback when used with renderers and control points that have this support.
27-12-2012, 23:17
PS audio Perfectwave
OK, so it's the PWD then. Rygel to be more precise.
27-12-2012, 23:36
RE: Thanks Simon!Perfect Upnp server!
(27-12-2012 16:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 14:25)mpj645 Wrote:  Thanks Simon for the prompt and detail reply. Really glad to hear that cue will be supported in the coming futrue. Smile

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I didn't say that CUE will be supported, only that I'm thinking about this.

Quote:Here attached is the log file for your reference.

Thanks for this. There are some error messages in the log, and I'll try to figure out what's causing them.

I don't think this log was produced with the logging level set to Trace. Would you be able to repeat this, using all the steps that I gave in my previous post?

Also, would you be able to answer the questions in my previous post about APE support?

Simon, I thought I did the exactly the same procedure whichyou listed. But i just delete some record which i thougt has no relation to the problem.(othwerwise the log will too long...)
I am sorry for this , i will attach a new complete log file later.

Regarding ape, for my personal opinion ape v2 is enough. I don't understanding your meaning on "would it be OK to do this for MP3 files only?" I guess you mean cue only support mp3 files ? Sorry for my poor english. I come from China ...Blush