Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music won't play on Roberts radio
25-03-2015, 19:00
RE: Music won't play on Roberts radio
(25-03-2015 18:28)JimR Wrote:  Not a MinimServer question, I know, but how does it stream anything?

(Non technical) Jim.

It uses UPnP. DLNA is a more strictly enforced version of UPnP, with some mandatory requirements for things that need to work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 19:54
I've now tried L16 on the Roberts, and it works! I then followed the advice to set the transcoding to flac:wav/L16, and tested it all. The Naim streams WAV while the Roberts plays L16 happily. Both 16 and 24 bit files work on the Naim absolutely fine.

Marvellous - thanks so much for your help. I guess that calls for a donation! Hopefully others will find this helpful too.
25-03-2015, 20:11
(25-03-2015 19:54)Hungryhalibut Wrote:  I've now tried L16 on the Roberts, and it works! I then followed the advice to set the transcoding to flac:wav/L16, and tested it all. The Naim streams WAV while the Roberts plays L16 happily. Both 16 and 24 bit files work on the Naim absolutely fine.

Marvellous - thanks so much for your help. I guess that calls for a donation! Hopefully others will find this helpful too.

I'm very pleased to hear it's working, and thanks for the donation!