Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aac, mp3 won't play
21-03-2015, 07:02
RE: aac, mp3 won't play
(20-03-2015 23:40)riboge Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 23:12)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 23:11)riboge Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 23:07)simoncn Wrote:  You need to use quotes around the full path, for example:

"C:\Program Files\your-folder\ffmpeg.exe" -analyzeduration 0 -f mp3 -request_sample_fmt flt -i "your-test-file.mp3" -f s24le -acodec pcm_s24le -sample_fmt s32 - >NUL:
if I enter c:\program files\ffmpeg.exe I get "c:\program" is not a known command, ..."

As I said, you need to use quotes around the full path.
I have a screenshot of the command window that resulted. I don't know what to make of it. How do I send it to you?
since I used an m4a first, I did an mp3 also, as attached

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 07:57
(21-03-2015 07:02)riboge Wrote:  since I used an m4a first, I did an mp3 also, as attached

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, there is a quote missing after

"c:\sample.mp3

Please add this missing quote

"c:\sample.mp3"

and try this command again.
21-03-2015, 15:37
(21-03-2015 07:57)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:02)riboge Wrote:  since I used an m4a first, I did an mp3 also, as attached

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, there is a quote missing after

"c:\sample.mp3

Please add this missing quote

"c:\sample.mp3"

and try this command again.
I left off the top because it won't all fit on the screen. Clearly this is now correct, but does it help?

21-03-2015, 16:35
(21-03-2015 15:37)riboge Wrote:  I left off the top because it won't all fit on the screen. Clearly this is now correct, but does it help?

Thanks for doing this. It does help because it confirms that ffmpeg is installed correctly and working, so the problem is caused by something else.

The next step is to produce a MinimServer debug log for the problem. Please do the following:

1) Start MinimServer
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
4) Leave the log window open
5) Try to play an MP3 file and wait for the log output to stop
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log output to a file
7) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the log file that you saved in step 6 and attach it to a post here

I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.
21-03-2015, 17:16
(21-03-2015 16:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 15:37)riboge Wrote:  I left off the top because it won't all fit on the screen. Clearly this is now correct, but does it help?

Thanks for doing this. It does help because it confirms that ffmpeg is installed correctly and working, so the problem is caused by something else.

The next step is to produce a MinimServer debug log for the problem. Please do the following:

1) Start MinimServer
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
4) Leave the log window open
5) Try to play an MP3 file and wait for the log output to stop
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log output to a file
7) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the log file that you saved in step 6 and attach it to a post here

I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.
I tired to attach a .7z, an .rar and got "The type of file that you attached is not allowed." each time. The log as .txt was deemed too large, so I deleted all above the attempt to play mp3. You are making this so unnecessarily hard by not connecting or giving me an email address to send to.

Attached File(s)
.txt  trying to play mp3.txt (Size: 6.96 KB / Downloads: 1)
21-03-2015, 17:50
(21-03-2015 17:16)riboge Wrote:  I tired to attach a .7z, an .rar and got "The type of file that you attached is not allowed." each time. The log as .txt was deemed too large, so I deleted all above the attempt to play mp3.

The forum accepts .zip files as attachments. I have now added .7z as an additional attachment type with a size limit of 1MB.

The extract that you attached doesn't contain the information that I need, so please zip the complete file as a .7z file and attach it to a post here.
21-03-2015, 17:54
(21-03-2015 17:50)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 17:16)riboge Wrote:  I tired to attach a .7z, an .rar and got "The type of file that you attached is not allowed." each time. The log as .txt was deemed too large, so I deleted all above the attempt to play mp3.

The forum accepts .zip files as attachments. I have now added .7z as an additional attachment type with a size limit of 1MB.

The extract that you attached doesn't contain the information that I need, so please zip the complete file as a .7z file and attach it to a post here.

Attached File(s)
.7z  trying to play mp3.7z (Size: 42.95 KB / Downloads: 1)
21-03-2015, 18:18
Thanks for this. This problem is caused by a bug in the way MinimStreamer is handling the space in the string:

c:\program files\minimserver\ffmpeg.exe

I will fix this in the next update. As a temporary workaround, you could put ffmpeg.exe in a different folder location whose path doesn't contain a space.

Thanks very much for reporting this problem and helping me find what's causing it.
21-03-2015, 23:04
(21-03-2015 18:18)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. This problem is caused by a bug in the way MinimStreamer is handling the space in the string:

c:\program files\minimserver\ffmpeg.exe

I will fix this in the next update. As a temporary workaround, you could put ffmpeg.exe in a different folder location whose path doesn't contain a space.

Thanks very much for reporting this problem and helping me find what's causing it.
I have helped a good number of app authors debug. I guess I am glad in this case as well, though you for whatever reasons make it more difficult and arduous than need be.
Puting ffmpeg.exe in the root directory I can now play mp3's but still not aac's(.m4a's). Puzzling. What now?
21-03-2015, 23:32
(21-03-2015 23:04)riboge Wrote:  Puting ffmpeg.exe in the root directory I can now play mp3's but still not aac's(.m4a's). Puzzling. What now?

Please produce a similar debug log for attempting to play an aac or m4a file and I will look at it.