Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
startup blocked by ffmpeg
08-03-2015, 11:58
startup blocked by ffmpeg
My SLAX Linux based system has been running faultlessly for weeks but suddenly it won't start on boot up first time due to this error
Thread-8: ErrorInfo=Streamer: test invocation of FFmpeg failed to complete

The error occurs whether or not the start is interactive ( startc ) or as a daemon ( startd ) and on restart from minimwatch it comes up quickly and correctly.

Just to be on the safe side I have added a symbolic link to /usr/local/bin so that ffmpeg is found by the which ffmpeg command but that made no difference.

I don't think I have made any changes recently except adding a few dozen more music files.

Help or suggestions appreciated - thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 19:09
RE: startup blocked by ffmpeg
(08-03-2015 11:58)roadster Wrote:  My SLAX Linux based system has been running faultlessly for weeks but suddenly it won't start on boot up first time due to this error
Thread-8: ErrorInfo=Streamer: test invocation of FFmpeg failed to complete

The error occurs whether or not the start is interactive ( startc ) or as a daemon ( startd ) and on restart from minimwatch it comes up quickly and correctly.

Just to be on the safe side I have added a symbolic link to /usr/local/bin so that ffmpeg is found by the which ffmpeg command but that made no difference.

I don't think I have made any changes recently except adding a few dozen more music files.

Help or suggestions appreciated - thanks.

Which version of MinimStreamer are you running?
08-03-2015, 23:13
Minimserver 0.8.3 update 62
Minimstreamer 0.5.10

Everything 64 bit. Includes a minor update installed today but made no difference.
09-03-2015, 11:21
(08-03-2015 23:13)roadster Wrote:  Minimserver 0.8.3 update 62
Minimstreamer 0.5.10

Everything 64 bit. Includes a minor update installed today but made no difference.

Thanks for confirming this. I will make a change in the next MinimStreamer update that should (I hope) fix this problem.
09-03-2015, 11:25
(09-03-2015 11:21)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for confirming this. I will make a change in the next MinimStreamer update that should (I hope) fix this problem.
Thanks Simon - Much appreciated.
14-03-2015, 09:46
RE: startup blocked by ffmpeg - FIXED
(09-03-2015 11:25)roadster Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:21)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for confirming this. I will make a change in the next MinimStreamer update that should (I hope) fix this problem.
Thanks Simon - Much appreciated.

In case anyone else has this problem Simon has fixed it for the next streamer release.