MinimServer Forum

Full Version: startup blocked by ffmpeg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My SLAX Linux based system has been running faultlessly for weeks but suddenly it won't start on boot up first time due to this error
Thread-8: ErrorInfo=Streamer: test invocation of FFmpeg failed to complete

The error occurs whether or not the start is interactive ( startc ) or as a daemon ( startd ) and on restart from minimwatch it comes up quickly and correctly.

Just to be on the safe side I have added a symbolic link to /usr/local/bin so that ffmpeg is found by the which ffmpeg command but that made no difference.

I don't think I have made any changes recently except adding a few dozen more music files.

Help or suggestions appreciated - thanks.
(08-03-2015 11:58)roadster Wrote: [ -> ]My SLAX Linux based system has been running faultlessly for weeks but suddenly it won't start on boot up first time due to this error
Thread-8: ErrorInfo=Streamer: test invocation of FFmpeg failed to complete

The error occurs whether or not the start is interactive ( startc ) or as a daemon ( startd ) and on restart from minimwatch it comes up quickly and correctly.

Just to be on the safe side I have added a symbolic link to /usr/local/bin so that ffmpeg is found by the which ffmpeg command but that made no difference.

I don't think I have made any changes recently except adding a few dozen more music files.

Help or suggestions appreciated - thanks.

Which version of MinimStreamer are you running?
Minimserver 0.8.3 update 62
Minimstreamer 0.5.10

Everything 64 bit. Includes a minor update installed today but made no difference.
(08-03-2015 23:13)roadster Wrote: [ -> ]Minimserver 0.8.3 update 62
Minimstreamer 0.5.10

Everything 64 bit. Includes a minor update installed today but made no difference.

Thanks for confirming this. I will make a change in the next MinimStreamer update that should (I hope) fix this problem.
(09-03-2015 11:21)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for confirming this. I will make a change in the next MinimStreamer update that should (I hope) fix this problem.
Thanks Simon - Much appreciated.
(09-03-2015 11:25)roadster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2015 11:21)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for confirming this. I will make a change in the next MinimStreamer update that should (I hope) fix this problem.
Thanks Simon - Much appreciated.

In case anyone else has this problem Simon has fixed it for the next streamer release.
Reference URL's