Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with new ChorusDS beta
30-01-2015, 20:17
Problem with new ChorusDS beta
Hi Simon

I have been playing with a new beta copy of ChorusDS. One problem I am having is getting albums to appear in a grid view. They always default to a list view. Attached below is a reply received from Sophie the developer:

Yes each item returned from the service as a “upnp:class” attribute - if this attribute is “musicAlbum” then it can be displayed in a grid format - if not then it is sorted and listed. This the display will dynamically adjust as you browse a tree (i.e when grid is switched on whenever the resulting list is of albums it will display as a grid). It will depend upon how the server attributes albums - previously some servers have marked them as folders.

Its all "greek" to me. Any idea what is going on?

Best
Gregg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 21:26
RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta
(30-01-2015 20:17)glevethan Wrote:  Hi Simon

I have been playing with a new beta copy of ChorusDS. One problem I am having is getting albums to appear in a grid view. They always default to a list view. Attached below is a reply received from Sophie the developer:

Yes each item returned from the service as a “upnp:class” attribute - if this attribute is “musicAlbum” then it can be displayed in a grid format - if not then it is sorted and listed. This the display will dynamically adjust as you browse a tree (i.e when grid is switched on whenever the resulting list is of albums it will display as a grid). It will depend upon how the server attributes albums - previously some servers have marked them as folders.

Its all "greek" to me. Any idea what is going on?

Best
Gregg

MinimServer sends complete albums as musicAlbum containers. A selection of tracks from an album (a subset of the complete album) is sent as a generic UPnP container. Could this be what is happening? What are the exact browsing steps that cause the problem?
30-01-2015, 22:06 (This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 22:06 by glevethan.)
As you can see below next to Refresh there is a choice between a list view and an icon view. The icon view (which is selected and in blue) still presents the albums as a list instead as icons

30-01-2015, 22:25
(30-01-2015 22:06)glevethan Wrote:  As you can see below next to Refresh there is a choice between a list view and an icon view. The icon view (which is selected and in blue) still presents the albums as a list instead as icons

At the bottom of this list, is there a [no album] container? This would be sent to the control point as a generic UPnP container.
30-01-2015, 23:02
(30-01-2015 22:25)simoncn Wrote:  At the bottom of this list, is there a [no album] container? This would be sent to the control point as a generic UPnP container.

Actually yes - the very last item is [no album]. If I click on it I then see one single track from a downloaded album of 7 tracks (an Eno album).

When I scroll up I see the Eno album and when I click on it I only see 6 of the 7 tracks - the track mentioned above does not appear.

I now just removed the entire album from the external hd (where I store everything) and had minimserver do a rescan - and voila - Chorus now remains in grid view.

What do you think the problem is with this one track? (deja vu my previous problem if you remember with a D'Angelo download from Qobuz).

One other thing I just noticed on the Chorus beta (which I understand to be ready for final release). The albums appear in alphabetical listing by artist yet underneath each album there is a top line with the name of the album and underneath that the name of what I think are the album authors. In Kazoo I see the top line with the name of the album and underneath it the name of the artist.

30-01-2015, 23:05
This is what Kazoo shows. Note the name of the album underneath and then underneath that the name of the artist. Different from Chorus above

30-01-2015, 23:37
(30-01-2015 23:02)glevethan Wrote:  Actually yes - the very last item is [no album]. If I click on it I then see one single track from a downloaded album of 7 tracks (an Eno album).

When I scroll up I see the Eno album and when I click on it I only see 6 of the 7 tracks - the track mentioned above does not appear.

I now just removed the entire album from the external hd (where I store everything) and had minimserver do a rescan - and voila - Chorus now remains in grid view.

What do you think the problem is with this one track? (deja vu my previous problem if you remember with a D'Angelo download from Qobuz).

This track probably doesn't have a valid Album tag.

Quote:One other thing I just noticed on the Chorus beta (which I understand to be ready for final release). The albums appear in alphabetical listing by artist yet underneath each album there is a top line with the name of the album and underneath that the name of what I think are the album authors. In Kazoo I see the top line with the name of the album and underneath it the name of the artist.

I think Chorus is (mis)using the composer name as the artist name. To fix this, you can set Composer.displayRole={author} in the tagCustom property. This might cause problems with other control points.
31-01-2015, 19:31
Simon

As always - THANKS!!!!