MinimServer Forum
Problem with new ChorusDS beta - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Problem with new ChorusDS beta (/showthread.php?tid=2154)

Problem with new ChorusDS beta - glevethan - 30-01-2015 20:17

Hi Simon

I have been playing with a new beta copy of ChorusDS. One problem I am having is getting albums to appear in a grid view. They always default to a list view. Attached below is a reply received from Sophie the developer:

Yes each item returned from the service as a “upnp:class” attribute - if this attribute is “musicAlbum” then it can be displayed in a grid format - if not then it is sorted and listed. This the display will dynamically adjust as you browse a tree (i.e when grid is switched on whenever the resulting list is of albums it will display as a grid). It will depend upon how the server attributes albums - previously some servers have marked them as folders.

Its all "greek" to me. Any idea what is going on?

Best
Gregg

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - simoncn - 30-01-2015 21:26

(30-01-2015 20:17)glevethan Wrote:  Hi Simon

I have been playing with a new beta copy of ChorusDS. One problem I am having is getting albums to appear in a grid view. They always default to a list view. Attached below is a reply received from Sophie the developer:

Yes each item returned from the service as a “upnp:class” attribute - if this attribute is “musicAlbum” then it can be displayed in a grid format - if not then it is sorted and listed. This the display will dynamically adjust as you browse a tree (i.e when grid is switched on whenever the resulting list is of albums it will display as a grid). It will depend upon how the server attributes albums - previously some servers have marked them as folders.

Its all "greek" to me. Any idea what is going on?

Best
Gregg

MinimServer sends complete albums as musicAlbum containers. A selection of tracks from an album (a subset of the complete album) is sent as a generic UPnP container. Could this be what is happening? What are the exact browsing steps that cause the problem?

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - glevethan - 30-01-2015 22:06

As you can see below next to Refresh there is a choice between a list view and an icon view. The icon view (which is selected and in blue) still presents the albums as a list instead as icons

[attachment=713]

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - simoncn - 30-01-2015 22:25

(30-01-2015 22:06)glevethan Wrote:  As you can see below next to Refresh there is a choice between a list view and an icon view. The icon view (which is selected and in blue) still presents the albums as a list instead as icons

At the bottom of this list, is there a [no album] container? This would be sent to the control point as a generic UPnP container.

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - glevethan - 30-01-2015 23:02

(30-01-2015 22:25)simoncn Wrote:  At the bottom of this list, is there a [no album] container? This would be sent to the control point as a generic UPnP container.

Actually yes - the very last item is [no album]. If I click on it I then see one single track from a downloaded album of 7 tracks (an Eno album).

When I scroll up I see the Eno album and when I click on it I only see 6 of the 7 tracks - the track mentioned above does not appear.

I now just removed the entire album from the external hd (where I store everything) and had minimserver do a rescan - and voila - Chorus now remains in grid view.

What do you think the problem is with this one track? (deja vu my previous problem if you remember with a D'Angelo download from Qobuz).

One other thing I just noticed on the Chorus beta (which I understand to be ready for final release). The albums appear in alphabetical listing by artist yet underneath each album there is a top line with the name of the album and underneath that the name of what I think are the album authors. In Kazoo I see the top line with the name of the album and underneath it the name of the artist.

[attachment=714]

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - glevethan - 30-01-2015 23:05

This is what Kazoo shows. Note the name of the album underneath and then underneath that the name of the artist. Different from Chorus above

[attachment=715]

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - simoncn - 30-01-2015 23:37

(30-01-2015 23:02)glevethan Wrote:  Actually yes - the very last item is [no album]. If I click on it I then see one single track from a downloaded album of 7 tracks (an Eno album).

When I scroll up I see the Eno album and when I click on it I only see 6 of the 7 tracks - the track mentioned above does not appear.

I now just removed the entire album from the external hd (where I store everything) and had minimserver do a rescan - and voila - Chorus now remains in grid view.

What do you think the problem is with this one track? (deja vu my previous problem if you remember with a D'Angelo download from Qobuz).

This track probably doesn't have a valid Album tag.

Quote:One other thing I just noticed on the Chorus beta (which I understand to be ready for final release). The albums appear in alphabetical listing by artist yet underneath each album there is a top line with the name of the album and underneath that the name of what I think are the album authors. In Kazoo I see the top line with the name of the album and underneath it the name of the artist.

I think Chorus is (mis)using the composer name as the artist name. To fix this, you can set Composer.displayRole={author} in the tagCustom property. This might cause problems with other control points.

RE: Problem with new ChorusDS beta - glevethan - 31-01-2015 19:31

Simon

As always - THANKS!!!!