Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A full function linux control point?
14-10-2014, 21:48
RE: A full function linux control point?
A very minor query. I have noticed that if I use the sound mute, when I unmute the volume stays at zero.

Would you prefer comments on upplay to be made on the upplay website rather than here? I fear we are using minimserver's resources Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 04:09
(14-10-2014 21:48)Pastim Wrote:  A very minor query. I have noticed that if I use the sound mute, when I unmute the volume stays at zero.

Would you prefer comments on upplay to be made on the upplay website rather than here? I fear we are using minimserver's resources Smile

Yes, for things not related to Minim, the best place would be the upplay GitHub issues: https://github.com/medoc92/upplay/issues

To avoid the inconvenience of creating a GitHub account, you can also just send me an email: jf at dockes dot org.

Either is convenient for me.

I created an issue for the mute problem. If we're going to have a mute button, it might just as well work...
15-10-2014, 10:45
(14-10-2014 21:48)Pastim Wrote:  A very minor query. I have noticed that if I use the sound mute, when I unmute the volume stays at zero.

I'm not concerned about that unless people start posting large attachments here. Smile
15-10-2014, 11:35
(15-10-2014 10:45)simoncn Wrote:  

I'm not concerned about that unless people start posting large attachments here. Smile
Fair enough. Thanks. Still, for purely upplay issues I'll use github, but if there's any relevance to minimserver I'll post here..

I am using upplay quite a lot now. Once the duplicate-processing issue is resolved it seems to be quite stable enough for every day purposes. A few extra bells and whistles can follow if and when it catches on. I hope it does. I'll mention it when I can in other places. If there's anywhere else you would like me to post let me know - tim at tim hyphen passingham dot co dot uk
23-10-2014, 13:57
(15-10-2014 11:35)Pastim Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 10:45)simoncn Wrote:  

Fair enough. Thanks. Still, for purely upplay issues I'll use github, but if there's any relevance to minimserver I'll post here..

I am using upplay quite a lot now. Once the duplicate-processing issue is resolved it seems to be quite stable enough for every day purposes. A few extra bells and whistles can follow if and when it catches on. I hope it does. I'll mention it when I can in other places. If there's anywhere else you would like me to post let me know - tim at tim hyphen passingham dot co dot uk
Is there any progress on the duplicate processing issue? It's a little inconvenient when it goes to sleep for a few minutes.

I'd also still like a 'play from here' option (or set of option) if possible.

Apart from that it's good for me. I'm using it quite a lot.
23-10-2014, 16:54
(23-10-2014 13:57)Pastim Wrote:  Is there any progress on the duplicate processing issue? It's a little inconvenient when it goes to sleep for a few minutes.

I'd also still like a 'play from here' option (or set of option) if possible.

Apart from that it's good for me. I'm using it quite a lot.

Hi,

This is all on my todo list, but I was not at home and busy with other stuff these last few days. Hopefully next week ! You can follow any progress made on the github log, I usually push things out as soon as I commit. https://github.com/medoc92/upplay/commits/master
23-10-2014, 17:25
Thanks - apologies for being so impatient!
28-10-2014, 12:54
Hi,

There is a new version in the git repository (you will need to update the lib and upplay). The changes:

* Recursive adds now use a search operation when the directory server is MinimServer.
* I've completly changed the popup menu used for adding tracks by separating what is added (stays with the popup), from how it is added (stateful buttons at the bottom of the playlist), deciding if we're appending, inserting or replacing, and if we immediately play the first track inserted.

This is quite different from the previous approach, and I'm not too sure if it is a good idea (going back to an all-in-one menu is still a possibility), so I'll be interested to know how it works for you.
28-10-2014, 13:57
(28-10-2014 12:54)medoc92 Wrote:  Hi,

There is a new version in the git repository (you will need to update the lib and upplay). The changes:

* Recursive adds now use a search operation when the directory server is MinimServer.
* I've completly changed the popup menu used for adding tracks by separating what is added (stays with the popup), from how it is added (stateful buttons at the bottom of the playlist), deciding if we're appending, inserting or replacing, and if we immediately play the first track inserted.

This is quite different from the previous approach, and I'm not too sure if it is a good idea (going back to an all-in-one menu is still a possibility), so I'll be interested to know how it works for you.
I've had a quick look.

Firstly, I can now add tracks from a mixed container without a long delay, which is excellent.

The revised menu and buttons are, I suspect, a matter of personal preference. Different users will like different things. Personally I think I prefer to be able to make the choice each time, ie in the pop-up, but I can see others may prefer the new approach. I can also see that if more pop-up options are introduced (eg 'play from here'), keeping the pop-menu brief is sensible. I think it would help if the stateful buttons changed colour, or were otherwise highlighted more strongly. It's quite easy to miss the current highlighting. I'd certainly leave it as it is for now and see whether any other users have views.

It would be nice if the layout was preserved from one time to another (I keep having to widen the left pane every time I start upplay).
28-10-2014, 15:01 (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 15:18 by Pastim.)
I got an error on the 'sudo make install' of upplay on one of my systems, but not the other.

Edit----- It seems I hadn't installed the new libupnpp. I thought I had. Please ignore this post!