Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver + MConnect
18-04-2024, 14:57
RE: Minimserver + MConnect
(11-04-2024 07:50)stefano_mbp Wrote:  On the “free” side you can try Lumïn app or Linn app (the white logo one) but they both need Bubbleupnpserver running somewhere (on the same Minimserver server/nas)
On the “paid” side there is JPlay for iOS (annual subscription, 15 days trial), it has Radio function like Roon.
I “warmly” suggest Lumïn app

You don't need Bubbleupnpserver if your renderer is UPnP AV; which is the case for Linn and Lumïn network players.

I don't know which other HW is in the same category.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2024, 15:03
I think you meant to say that you don't need BubbleUPnPServer if your renderer is OpenHome.
18-04-2024, 15:21
For Lumïn app it depends on the OpenHome compatibility implementation, on SOtM sms200 you can enable OpenHome but it’s implementation is not enough (or not the same of Bubbleupnpserver) then Bubbleupnpserver is needed (and OpenHome should be disabled), the same for RoPieee.
While Linn app works fine without Bubbleupnpserver if OpenHome is enabled on the same renderers.
30-04-2024, 14:07
(17-04-2024 12:24)Pepsican Wrote:  Have you contacted the mConnect developer team? If you use the paid version they will surely listen and develop a fix.

No, I haven't but I don't think that I can achieve my goal.
30-04-2024, 14:30
(18-04-2024 15:21)stefano_mbp Wrote:  For Lumïn app it depends on the OpenHome compatibility implementation, on SOtM sms200 you can enable OpenHome but it’s implementation is not enough (or not the same of Bubbleupnpserver) then Bubbleupnpserver is needed (and OpenHome should be disabled), the same for RoPieee.
While Linn app works fine without Bubbleupnpserver if OpenHome is enabled on the same renderers.

Thanks, i installed bubbleserver, it works fine. The only thing that bothers me, that I can't use Tidal with the Lumin App, it doesn't offer the option.

How can I do it?

30-04-2024, 14:39 (This post was last modified: 30-04-2024 14:43 by stefano_mbp.)
(30-04-2024 14:30)adamthebrave Wrote:  
(18-04-2024 15:21)stefano_mbp Wrote:  For Lumïn app it depends on the OpenHome compatibility implementation, on SOtM sms200 you can enable OpenHome but it’s implementation is not enough (or not the same of Bubbleupnpserver) then Bubbleupnpserver is needed (and OpenHome should be disabled), the same for RoPieee.

Thanks, i installed bubbleserver, it works fine. The only thing that bothers me, that I can't use Tidal with the Lumin App, it doesn't offer the option.

How can I do it?

Unfortunately Bubbleupnpserver doesn’t support Tidal with Lumïn on iOS, you can read it in Bubbleupnpserver changelog

You can try JPlay for iOS (paid only with annual subscription, 15 days free trial) that has an internal db like Lumïn (therefore fast enough) but doesn’t need Bubbleupnpserver

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

30-04-2024, 15:21 (This post was last modified: 30-04-2024 17:45 by Hanu.)
(18-04-2024 14:57)lyapounov Wrote:  
(11-04-2024 07:50)stefano_mbp Wrote:  On the “free” side you can try Lumïn app or Linn app (the white logo one) but they both need Bubbleupnpserver running somewhere (on the same Minimserver server/nas)
On the “paid” side there is JPlay for iOS (annual subscription, 15 days trial), it has Radio function like Roon.
I “warmly” suggest Lumïn app

You don't need Bubbleupnpserver if your renderer is UPnP AV; which is the case for Linn and Lumïn network players.

I don't know which other HW is in the same category.
On my android i have Linn (white) and Linn Kazoo. Kazoo offers tidal login the white one not. May some one can help you.

Sorry fake, after update was Tidal no more visible