Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC DASH playlist issues via Melco N1
01-07-2021, 18:03 (This post was last modified: 01-07-2021 18:12 by adm95.)
BBC DASH playlist issues via Melco N1
Hello,
I have been using successfully for over 2 years the BBC DASH playlist method for listening to BBC stations via MinimStreamer (configured on my Melco N1) and rendered via UPnP on my dCS Rossini dac...

However, recently I noticed that I cannot select and play directly a radio stream. (Rossini errors that <<could not add items to playlist. No items were added. (No playitem found.) >> ??

If I navigate via upnp folder view (on the rossini) to the 'BBC Radio DASH' folder and select Play All, then I can jump to the station I want to listen to in the queue (and then radio plays as normal).??

I am using MinimServer 2.0.8 (193) and Streamer 2.0.16, with FULL licence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2021, 23:00
RE: BBC DASH playlist issues via Melco N1
Thanks for letting me know about this.

I have reproduced the problem. It is caused by an incompatibility between Mosaic 1.1.3 and MinimServer that only affects radio streams.

I will investigate whether the problem can be fixed on the MinimServer side without changing Mosaic. This will take a few days. I will keep you posted.
02-07-2021, 09:07
Thanks Simon
19-07-2021, 10:53
I have implememented a change to MinimServer that should solve the problem. I need to do some more testing before releasing this change.
19-07-2021, 16:02
(19-07-2021 10:53)simoncn Wrote:  I have implememented a change to MinimServer that should solve the problem. I need to do some more testing before releasing this change.

OOO, it would be good to understand what/why there had been a change on Mosaic side?

Thanks for the update.
19-07-2021, 18:19
The change was made to solve an issue related to Mosaic playlists (not MinimServer .m3u playlists). It unfortunately had the unintended side effect of causing a problem with MinimServer .m3u playlists containing radio streams.
02-09-2021, 13:14
This change is now available in MinimServer update 198. Please let me know whether it is working correctly for you.
02-09-2021, 22:20
(02-09-2021 13:14)simoncn Wrote:  This change is now available in MinimServer update 198. Please let me know whether it is working correctly for you.

Unfortunately I have the same issue.
03-09-2021, 10:31
My apologies for this. I have sent you a PM with details of a test build that should fix the problem. Please let me know whether the test build works for you.
03-09-2021, 16:26
This fix is now available as MinimServer update 199.