Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 0.8.1 is now available
20-01-2014, 03:54
RE: MinimServer 0.8.1 is now available
Hi Simon,

Just installed the latest MinimServer and MinimStreamer on the Synology DS213+ and set transcoding from FLAC to wav24.

All working well and the Naim ND5XS is sounding even better. All I need to do now I'd figure how I can use MinimServer with my Bryston BDP-2 in the main system.

Regards,

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2014, 10:43
(20-01-2014 03:54)cerobo Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Just installed the latest MinimServer and MinimStreamer on the Synology DS213+ and set transcoding from FLAC to wav24.

All working well and the Naim ND5XS is sounding even better. All I need to do now I'd figure how I can use MinimServer with my Bryston BDP-2 in the main system.

Regards,

Chris

Is the BDP-2 a UPNP/DLNA renderer? The product page includes this line:

UPnP/DNLA Server supported

but I couldn't find any mention of how to set this up in the user guide.
20-01-2014, 11:33
[/quote]

Is the BDP-2 a UPNP/DLNA renderer? The product page includes this line:

UPnP/DNLA Server supported

but I couldn't find any mention of how to set this up in the user guide.
[/quote]

Neither could I. This device seems to be a bit different to other renderers I have. I have also got a Cyrus Streamline and a Cambridge NS30 and they appear on the network as media devices as does the Naim. All these 3 players can see MinimServer via their control points. The Bryston uses it's own control point called Max and there is another control point called MPad which I can use. Both of these seem to link straight to the /music folder on my NAS.

When I look at my Windows network diagram, the Bryston does not appear but I can access it via its web page. I am fairly technically clueless so I wondered if this is because it is strictly a Linux computer passing the data stream to an outboard DAC (in this case a PS Audio PWD) whereas all the other devices I have are all in one streamers and Dac combined?Huh

There is a forum on Audiocircle dealing with Bryston so I might go there for help.

Regards,

Chris