Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver in Synology NAS with BubbleUPNP server
28-09-2020, 15:27
Minimserver in Synology NAS with BubbleUPNP server
I have installed minimserver on a Synology DS411+II NAS together with BubbleUPNP server. Minimserver is running and configured with the music directory. Also BubbleUPNP is working. But for some reason BubbleUPNP doesn’t find minimserver. It does find Synology mediaserver.

Also tried it with minimwatch but it stays grey.

I can’t figure out what is wrong especially because both are installed on the Synology and are working (I suppose).

Do I need something to do with ports or firewall settings on the Synology?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2020, 17:03 (This post was last modified: 28-09-2020 17:04 by simoncn.)
RE: Minimserver in Synology NAS with BubbleUPNP server
If you are running the Synology firewall, you need to configure it for MinimServer. See this post for details.
28-09-2020, 18:34 (This post was last modified: 28-09-2020 18:36 by WickedGame.)
(28-09-2020 17:03)simoncn Wrote:  If you are running the Synology firewall, you need to configure it for MinimServer. See this post for details.

Thanks I will check this. But if the firewall is active, the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9790 won't work isn't it? Because this is working perfectly.

Could it also be that probably the router have the UPNP set to off?
28-09-2020, 19:24
The first step is to check the firewall. If that doesn't help, you can investigate router settings. The important router setting is IGMP snooping, which should be set to off.
02-10-2020, 08:56
(28-09-2020 19:24)simoncn Wrote:  The first step is to check the firewall. If that doesn't help, you can investigate router settings. The important router setting is IGMP snooping, which should be set to off.

Hello Simon,

Thanks for the help. It was indeed the firewall on the Synology NAs that was causing this issue. Thanks for directing me the right way. ?