Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple contentgroup (TIT1) tags in MP3
17-12-2019, 08:57
Multiple contentgroup (TIT1) tags in MP3
Sorry to bother again.

I use contentgroup tags to represent the type of titles (piano sonata, piano concert, ...). And quite often I assign multiple such tags (e.g. concert; piano concert; piano). That works great for flac-files. But I just noticed that my mp3 files only show under the first contentgroup (=TIT1) tag and all others are disregarded. Could you add support for multiple contentgroup (=TIT1) tags in mp3-files?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2019, 09:17
RE: Multiple contentgroup (TIT1) tags in MP3
PS: Looking more closely it seems to be a more general question. I also use a custom tag "epoch" to tag the epoch of a composer, which I also assign multiple times (e.g. for Mozart "classic" and "Vienna Classic"). Again that works great for flac but it does not seem to work for mp3 in the same way.

I understand that there are some tag types that must not be assigned multiple times (title, album artist [not even differently inside the same album]). But in general one of the great things about minimserver for me is that it can handle tag multiples.
17-12-2019, 09:42
Are you using ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 for the tags in your MP3 files? ID3v2.3 allows multiple values for only a limited set of tag names. If you convert the tags to ID3v2.4 (many tagging programs can do this), this should solve the problem.
17-12-2019, 14:11
Indeed, that seems to have been the problem. Thanks!