Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot see minimserver running on macbook
24-06-2019, 22:32
Cannot see minimserver running on macbook
Hi,

I've got an odd issue setting up minimserver on a macbook to read files from an external USB drive. All seems good in that:
(i) I can interact with the minimserver icon in the menu bar on the mac, ie set properties, view logs etc
(ii) I can view the status page on a web browser using the internal IP. I can see this on the macbook itself and on a windows PC.

My problem though is that I can't see the server from any of the devices I would use to control it - an ipad, an android mobile phone, and the niam streamer itself. For the first two it's the case whether I use a web browser, the naim app, or other control points (eg HiFi Cast on the phone). I also can't see it using minimwatch on the macbook or the windows PC.

I have two other minim servers running - one on the windows PC and one on a disk station, and they work fine. All three have static IPs on the same subnet.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to might be going on ? I'm really confused by this.

Cheers,

Stevo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2019, 22:42
RE: Cannot see minimserver running on macbook

25-06-2019, 09:12
This is probably caused by your Mac firewall settings. Is MinimServer in the list of applications that can receive incoming connections?
25-06-2019, 22:56
It is. Just to be sure I disabled the firewall but to no effect. I can see it from the windows PC, just not iPad or phone. Very odd
25-06-2019, 23:43
Ah, rebooted the router and I can now see it. Doh!