Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
java UnsatisfiedLinkError
28-07-2017, 01:08
java UnsatisfiedLinkError
I have tried to install minim-server on both a Volumio Debian Pi system, as well as on a musicbox distribution of Rasbian. Java is installed correctly (as determined using the java -version command). I can install minim-server, but for both systems I get the following message when I try to startup the server:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /data/minim-home/minimserver/tmp/native/libohNet.so:

The file is indeed in that directory. Any suggestions????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2017, 01:12
RE: java UnsatisfiedLinkError
Correction - the libohNet.so file is in /root/minim-home/minimserver/tmp/native directory (at least on the Rasbian musicbox system). Do I need to create a /data/minim-home/minimserver/tmp/native/ directory and copy the file there? Thanks
28-07-2017, 01:22
My goodness, I did create the /data/minim-home/minimserver/tmp/native/ directory and copied the file there, the restarted minim-server and now the error message is java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /root/minim-home/minimserver/tmp/native/libohNet.so: , so it is now looking for the file in the root area and the file is there. Obviously, I am not experienced with linux enough to understand these directory and/or path issues? Any help is appreciated.
28-07-2017, 22:46 (This post was last modified: 28-07-2017 22:47 by simoncn.)
What directory did you use to install MinimServer (unzip the distribution file)? Was it /data/minim-home or /root/minim-home?

It is not advisable to install MinimServer when logged in as the root user. If you have done this, I suggest you uninstall it and install it again when logged in as a non-root user. The only exception to this is on systems that require you to login as the root user.
28-07-2017, 23:33
The Pi Musicbox distro requires root login. I uninstalled, reinstalled from /root/minim-home, and now it is working fine. Sorry to bother you, I should have done that before posting on the forum. In any event, I did just make a donation for the best music server software that is out there! Thanks