Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle Artist and Albumartist
03-01-2017, 16:40 (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 16:51 by aliasname.)
RE: How to handle Artist and Albumartist
(03-01-2017 15:48)simoncn Wrote:  I tried this and it is working for me. Is it possible that your DATE tags are in yyyy-mm-dd format?

Nope, spent more but a day to get these rarely seen date metadata turned into year only. But I still can't get this to work.
Perhaps it's a combination of my setup which makes me think if fails or won't do the trick as expected?
I got a myTagsUpdate.txt containing such combinations, of
@REALEASEYEAR=xxxx <== 4-digit year
@DATE=xxxx <== same year here
-RELEASEYEAR=xxxx same year here
[ .... 4 decades defined like this]
and in Properties/Advanced the line tagUpdate points to that file.

in tagformat I defined the albums to look like this: (spaces as underlines here to prevent missinterpretation)
album.displayFormat={$album^$albumsubtitle^[^]_$date^_<$albumversion^_^$releaseyear^_^>}
What I did now expect is the following:
In case an album got a date set to 1970 and a releasedata of a remaster being 2009 it should appear like this:
ALBUM [SUBTITLE] 1970 <REMASTER> 2009
And in case the releasedata is equal to the inital recording date eg. date and releasedate both 1970 i expected:
ALBZM [SUBTITLE] 1970 <REMASTER>
since the the releasedate got blanked due to the myTagsUpdate having wiped it's content.

At which point I'm wrong?

Had look at the log (trace mode) but unfortunately I see nothing but a line that my myTagsUpdate.txt was read by the server. But I can't see any lines when at files where the trace would say "date replaced due to tagupdate ..or something similar. But I'm unsure if it would throw messages that deep that one would get informed by the log.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to handle Artist and Albumartist - aliasname - 03-01-2017 16:40