Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 71 update crash - Solved in Release 72
11-11-2015, 17:00
RE: MinimServer 71 update crash
(11-11-2015 16:30)Pastim Wrote:  Here's a (partial) load from one rescan, and a config file.

Many of these flacs have Groups, but not all (none of the pop/rock). Many of the tags are single value (including all WORK tags). Going through every one would take me a long time. There's no pattern that strikes me as yet. If something occurs I'll report here.

Did you attach the wrong file? The attached log file doesn't show any conflict messages.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 17:10
(11-11-2015 17:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 16:30)Pastim Wrote:  Here's a (partial) load from one rescan, and a config file.

Many of these flacs have Groups, but not all (none of the pop/rock). Many of the tags are single value (including all WORK tags). Going through every one would take me a long time. There's no pattern that strikes me as yet. If something occurs I'll report here.

Did you attach the wrong file? The attached log file doesn't show any conflict messages.
Sorry...

Attached File(s)
.txt  miminwarnings2.txt (Size: 42.69 KB / Downloads: 3)
11-11-2015, 18:57
Looking at the release notes I notice that "Ensure the value option in the tagValue property uses the first available source tag for all updated values"

This might be where some of the problem lies. I have multiple ARTISTs (etc), and the ARTISTSORTs (etc) are also multiple. On a given track they may be in the same order (they look as if they are in puddletag), but I can't guarantee that. However, this doesn't expalin the WORK problem - there is only ever one WORK per track, and only one WORKSORT.

Would it help to clear the database?
11-11-2015, 19:15
(11-11-2015 18:57)Pastim Wrote:  Looking at the release notes I notice that "Ensure the value option in the tagValue property uses the first available source tag for all updated values"

This might be where some of the problem lies. I have multiple ARTISTs (etc), and the ARTISTSORTs (etc) are also multiple. On a given track they may be in the same order (they look as if they are in puddletag), but I can't guarantee that. However, this doesn't expalin the WORK problem - there is only ever one WORK per track, and only one WORKSORT.

Would it help to clear the database?

Clearing the cache (database) won't make any difference because this holds file tag values only and doesn't include any tag aliasing or value customization.

I would expect puddletag to preserve the order of values for a multivalued tag. As you say, this can't be the reason for the problem because WORK isn't multivalued

I am working on a private test build with extra diagnostics for this conflict problem and fixes for the other problems you have reported. I will PM you the details when this test build is available.
11-11-2015, 23:10
With a lot of help from Pastim (many thanks!), I have found the problem. I will release a new update tomorrow with the fix.
12-11-2015, 18:39
(11-11-2015 23:10)simoncn Wrote:  With a lot of help from Pastim (many thanks!), I have found the problem. I will release a new update tomorrow with the fix.

The fix is available now in update 72.
12-11-2015, 21:08
Thanks very much. I confirm that this release fixes the crash, and all the conflict warnings have gone. All working well, as usual!