MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer 71 update crash - Solved in Release 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The latest update crashes on my system. I can't now run it at all. Please let me know if there's anything else I can supply.

09:35:16.404 MinimServer 0.8.3 update 71, Copyright © 2012-2015 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
09:35:16.408 MinimStreamer 0.5.18, Copyright © 2012-2015 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
09:35:16.409 Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b17)
09:35:16.409 Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.66-b17, mixed mode)
09:35:16.409 Platform default charset is UTF-8
09:35:17.905 Language setting is 'eng'
09:35:17.926 Current time is Wed Nov 11 09:35:17 GMT 2015 in time zone Europe/London
09:35:18.212 starting MinimServer on VB
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.minimserver.Server$IdentityValue cannot be cast to com.minimserver.Server$IdentityStringList
at com.minimserver.Server$Item.updateTagValueCustom(Server.java:11612)
at com.minimserver.Server$TagValueRuleCustom.updateTagValues(Server.java:8881)
at com.minimserver.Server$CachedAudioItem.updateTags(Server.java:10663)
at com.minimserver.Server.processAudioItem(Server.java:4981)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:4687)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:4835)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:4835)
at com.minimserver.Server.readFiles(Server.java:4110)
at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:2194)
at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:485)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:167)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RootContextImpl.startComponent(RootContextImpl.java:47)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1386)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:1035)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:115)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:621)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:204)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:30)
09:35:18.644 MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'
I saw something on another post that implied there might be a problem with Aliasing some key tags and that there could be changes afoot.

If so it might be because I have an alias for AlbumArtist. The reason I did this, quite a long time ago, was that I have, in some cases, multiple AlbumArtist tags, and minimserver didn't seem to like this. I therefore set it to an alias, and then in the index tags, renamed the alias back to AlbumArtist. I then created a new tag, called MinimAlbumArtist, which I aliased to AlbumArtist, which allows the Album count to match my other servers (mainly LMS and foobar2000, plus Bliss). This contains a concatenated copy of the AlbumArtist tags (automatically generated by my tagger - puddletag).
(11-11-2015 10:37)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]The latest update crashes on my system. I can't now run it at all. Please let me know if there's anything else I can supply.

What are your full settings for the tagOptions and tagValue properties?
(11-11-2015 12:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015 10:37)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]The latest update crashes on my system. I can't now run it at all. Please let me know if there's anything else I can supply.

tagOptions: Album.sortTags={AlbumSort}, Artist.ignore.sort={The}
tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort},Conductor.value.sort={ConductorSort},Artist.v​alue.sort={ArtistSort},MainArtist.value.sort={AlbumArtistSort},WorkArtist.value.​sort={WorkArtistSort},Band.value.sort={BandSort},Work.default={Title},Work.value​.sort={WorkSort}
(11-11-2015 13:14)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]

tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort},Conductor.value.sort={ConductorSort},Artist.v​alue.sort={ArtistSort},MainArtist.value.sort={AlbumArtistSort},WorkArtist.value.​sort={WorkArtistSort},Band.value.sort={BandSort},Work.default={Title},Work.value​.sort={WorkSort}
I just tried deleting the last item (the Work.value.sort) and it doesn't crash. Similarly if I delete the Work.default entry it is OK. With both, it crashes. I've deleted the default for now.
(11-11-2015 13:30)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015 13:14)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]

I just tried deleting the last item (the Work.value.sort) and it doesn't crash. Similarly if I delete the Work.default entry it is OK. With both, it crashes. I've deleted the default for now.
So now it doesn't crash but I get over two thousand messages in the log at rescan like "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag", on ARTISTs, COMPOSERs, CONDUCTORs, BANDS, WORKs and so on.
(11-11-2015 13:43)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]So now it doesn't crash but I get over two thousand messages in the log at rescan like "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag", on ARTISTs, COMPOSERs, CONDUCTORs, BANDS, WORKs and so on.

The message "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag" should be followed by a tag value, as in "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag xxx". Please post a few examples of what you are seeing for xxx.
(11-11-2015 14:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015 13:43)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]So now it doesn't crash but I get over two thousand messages in the log at rescan like "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag", on ARTISTs, COMPOSERs, CONDUCTORs, BANDS, WORKs and so on.

The message "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag" should be followed by a tag value, as in "Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag xxx". Please post a few examples of what you are seeing for xxx.
egs:

Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag 'Adrian Cedric Boult' in file Classical/H/Holst/Hymn of Jesus/Boult/1-01 - The Hymn of Jesus Op.37 - 1-2. Prelude & Hymn.flac

Warning: custom value conflict for COMPOSER tag 'Herbert Norman Howells' in file Classical/H/Howells/Four Anthems/Layton/1-02 - Four Anthems to the Blessed Virgin Mary - 4. Salve regina.flac

Warning: custom value conflict for WORK tag 'Belshazzar HWV.61' in file Classical/H/Handel/Belshazzar/Davies/1-01 - Belshazzar HWV.61 - Act 1 Scene . Air O sacred oracles of truth.flac

and so on....

This previously happened only if my sort tags were inconsistent. So If I had several ARTIST tags for Boult on various flacs, but with different ARTISTSORT tags, it would object.

I'm hoping that the new minimserver has not revealed over 2000 previously unreported tagging errors! My sort tags are generated by macros (in puddletag) and have been very reliable thus far.
(11-11-2015 14:47)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag 'Adrian Cedric Boult' in file Classical/H/Holst/Hymn of Jesus/Boult/1-01 - The Hymn of Jesus Op.37 - 1-2. Prelude & Hymn.flac

Warning: custom value conflict for COMPOSER tag 'Herbert Norman Howells' in file Classical/H/Howells/Four Anthems/Layton/1-02 - Four Anthems to the Blessed Virgin Mary - 4. Salve regina.flac

Warning: custom value conflict for WORK tag 'Belshazzar HWV.61' in file Classical/H/Handel/Belshazzar/Davies/1-01 - Belshazzar HWV.61 - Act 1 Scene . Air O sacred oracles of truth.flac

Thanks! I have tried to reproduce this problem by using a similar tagValue setting to yours but it doesn't fail for me. I have also looked carefully at the code that produces this message but I am not seeing how my recent changes could cause it to be produced incorrectly with your tagValue settings.

Do you get these messages for every file or is there some pattern to the files that produce them? For example, do they correlate with the presence or absence of GROUP tags?

For the files that produce these messages, does each tag name have a single tag value? Does the same value appear for different tags?

Please post the complete set of messages for a single file. I might be able to see some pattern that would give me a clue to what is happening.

I appreciate all your efforts with helping me track down this problem.
(11-11-2015 16:09)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2015 14:47)Pastim Wrote: [ -> ]Warning: custom value conflict for ARTIST tag 'Adrian Cedric Boult' in file Classical/H/Holst/Hymn of Jesus/Boult/1-01 - The Hymn of Jesus Op.37 - 1-2. Prelude & Hymn.flac

Thanks! I have tried to reproduce this problem by using a similar tagValue setting to yours but it doesn't fail for me. I have also looked carefully at the code that produces this message but I am not seeing how my recent changes could cause it to be produced incorrectly with your tagValue settings.

Do you get these messages for every file or is there some pattern to the files that produce them? For example, do they correlate with the presence or absence of GROUP tags?

For the files that produce these messages, does each tag name have a single tag value? Does the same value appear for different tags?

Please post the complete set of messages for a single file. I might be able to see some pattern that would give me a clue to what is happening.

I appreciate all your efforts with helping me track down this problem.
Here's a (partial) load from one rescan, and a config file.

Many of these flacs have Groups, but not all (none of the pop/rock). Many of the tags are single value (including all WORK tags). Going through every one would take me a long time. There's no pattern that strikes me as yet. If something occurs I'll report here.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's