• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC radio streams not working
17-02-2015, 09:00
RE: BBC radio streams not working
(17-02-2015 01:11)castalla Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 00:30)Pastim Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 00:20)castalla Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 00:17)Pastim Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 00:00)Pastim Wrote:  Can you post your playlist file here?
I have just tried my system with my smartphone, android 4.4.4, bubbleUPnP and local renderer. I can't get any BBC stream to play. I have declared aac in the playlist, and then omitting transcode, or (with ffmpeg) supplying aac:wav or aac:mp3. None work on that device.

My other software renderers (upmpdcli and mpd), and two Internet Radios, all still work, although some need transcoding aac:wav.

Okay - that clarifies the issue a bit!

I'll fire up my Reciva radio - it can play aac. So what do you suggest as settings?
No transcode at all to start with.

m3u containing:

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[*R3;aac] BBC Radio 3
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_low/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8
(assuming you are still outside the UK).

If that fails I supplied ffmpeg, and aac:wav for transcoding.

Does the Reciva support tunein or vTuner or similar? I'm about to shut down for the night, so good luck!

Absolutely nothing in any combination. And minim refuses to stop or exit,

Sadly, I can't waste anymore time on this, unless somebody has a brainwave!

Back to squeeze2upnp, I think.
Now you have me baffled. Apart from some issues I had with which tags to use on flacs, minimserver and streamer have been much, much easier to use than LMS, let alone squeeze2upnp. Admittedly I'm on ubuntu, whereas I think you are using Windows for this trial, but it should be almost trivial to get minimstreamer working.

What Control Point are you using? I gather you got some mp3s working OK, is that right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC radio streams not working - Pastim - 17-02-2015 09:00