Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thousands of log warnings...illegal 0x00
10-02-2015, 17:19
RE: Thousands of log warnings...illegal 0x00
Simon, thanks again for all the help. Even though I've reduced everything to warnings I have continued to research this fine forum and have reduced all to 1 DSD128 album that has unresolved TXXX issues; not bad out of over 2000 DSD albums. Even MP3Tag can't find it. Thanks again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 17:56
(10-02-2015 17:19)ted_b Wrote:  Simon, thanks again for all the help. Even though I've reduced everything to warnings I have continued to research this fine forum and have reduced all to 1 DSD128 album that has unresolved TXXX issues; not bad out of over 2000 DSD albums. Even MP3Tag can't find it. Thanks again.

You're most welcome!

You might be able to fix this by running the file through a file conversion program that rewrites the tags and leaves the audio unchanged. From your earlier post, I believe JRiver can do this.

If this doesn't solve it, the TXXX warning message gives the offset in the file where the problem was detected. You should be able to use a hex editor to see what's causing the problem.
10-02-2015, 18:02 (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 18:04 by ted_b.)
Thanks. No, JRiver does not do a clean DSF to DSF (or DFF for that matter) conversion. Any of their DSD file conversions go through a PCM stage. I will try the hex editor or just give this back to the engineer (I work for the site that produced these album files, NativeDSD, and I myself created the tagging rules and script, but that is true for other albums that passed this test too). It might be something where non-ID3V2 tags like label or sub-genre is messed up). This is a pre-production album copy so I may just go and download the production version and retry. Thx