MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Thousands of log warnings...illegal 0x00
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simon, I am aware that most of my warnings of illegal characters (nulls) are from tags created by earlier versions of JRIver. You've posted that issue a few times and you say to rewrite the tags. I guess when one goes to later versions the library does not rewrite the previous tags. Question: JRiver has two tools in their library tools pulldown:
Update Tags (from library): Updates the file tags with the information in the library fields.
Update Library (from tags): Updates the library fields with the information in the file tags.

I am close to pulling the trigger on the first option but wonder if you or anyone knows a better way. This is going to be done to 70,000 files and I'd like to do this all at once. But I have no idea whether my JRIver library is simply full of nulls either?

Net/net: when you say "rewrite the tags" what do you mean?

BTW, I have looked at several of the questionable tags in Linn Kazoo, for example, and they look just fine, so being a little anal here. Sorry. Smile
(09-02-2015 02:03)ted_b Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, I am aware that most of my warnings of illegal characters (nulls) are from tags created by earlier versions of JRIver. You've posted that issue a few times and you say to rewrite the tags. I guess when one goes to later versions the library does not rewrite the previous tags. Question: JRiver has two tools in their library tools pulldown:
Update Tags (from library): Updates the file tags with the information in the library fields.
Update Library (from tags): Updates the library fields with the information in the file tags.

I am close to pulling the trigger on the first option but wonder if you or anyone knows a better way. This is going to be done to 70,000 files and I'd like to do this all at once. But I have no idea whether my JRIver library is simply full of nulls either?

Net/net: when you say "rewrite the tags" what do you mean?

BTW, I have looked at several of the questionable tags in Linn Kazoo, for example, and they look just fine, so being a little anal here. Sorry. Smile

I am not expert in the internals of JRiver but I believe the incorrect NUL characters are present only in the FLAC tags written by buggy versions of JRiver and are not present in the JRiver internal library metadata. This would mean that pulling the trigger on the first option should solve the problem.

I suggest you try this with one album and rescan the MinimServer library. After doing this, check whether this has removed the warning messages and � characters for that album. If all looks good, you can do this for the rest of your library. I presume you have a backup of your library in case anything should go wrong.
Thanks. Yes I have a backup, and yes I will try it with one album. However, my log file only shows the last several albums, all warnings (when I start Minimsever and watch the log it scrolls with warnings and a few errors for minutes). I will try with those last albums after hitting clear I guess.
(09-02-2015 14:52)ted_b Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Yes I have a backup, and yes I will try it with one album. However, my log file only shows the last several albums, all warnings (when I start Minimsever and watch the log it scrolls with warnings and a few errors for minutes). I will try with those last albums after hitting clear I guess.

This is because the log window is a circular buffer that wraps after 500,000 characters. Using one of the last few albums should be a good test.
As long as I'm in cleanup mode (next set of 2500 tracks being run right now) I see on my larger log file txt that there are a boatload of incorrect DATE fields warnings for DSF file types. I will search for a JRiver bug there, too, but I've, on occasion, also used other taggers sometimes (for DSD). Question: can I ask Minimserver to ignore DATE fields (at least for the time being)?

Edit: did a search here and found your discussion about tdat and tryin to do a full rescan to see if any of these warnings are from old cache...but not sure I ever owned Minimserver prior to 25 so we will see. Still scanning now. Worst case I go into JRIver and pull up all DSF files and batch edit the date to be simply 2014 or something. I don't use date ever.
(09-02-2015 17:03)ted_b Wrote: [ -> ]As long as I'm in cleanup mode (next set of 2500 tracks being run right now) I see on my larger log file txt that there are a boatload of incorrect DATE fields warnings for DSF file types. I will search for a JRiver bug there, too, but I've, on occasion, also used other taggers sometimes (for DSD). Question: can I ask Minimserver to ignore DATE fields (at least for the time being)?

Edit: did a search here and found your discussion about tdat and tryin to do a full rescan to see if any of these warnings are from old cache...but not sure I ever owned Minimserver prior to 25 so we will see. Still scanning now. Worst case I go into JRIver and pull up all DSF files and batch edit the date to be simply 2014 or something. I don't use date ever.

Can you post a few of the messages you are getting about incorrect Date values?

To completely ignore all Date tags, you can remove Date from indexTags.
Here is the DSD128 date tag issue, along with the other troublesome one that appears numerous times (but not hudnreds)

Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2014-20-08 in file DSD128 DSF/Omnibus plays Zappa(DSD128)/1. IncaRoads.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2014-20-08 in file DSD128 DSF/Omnibus plays Zappa(DSD128)/10-11. Dog breath variations-Uncle meat.dsf

Warning: ID3v2 TXXX frame has missing description at offset 195432232 in file DSD128 DSF/CR1401/07_Dreams-and-Prayers--HD_Crier-Records_CR1401HD_Stereo-DSD128_2ch128.dsf (length 195432702)
Warning: ID3v2 TXXX frame has missing description at offset 305008423 in file DSD128 DSF/CR1401/03_Dreams-and-Prayers--HD_Crier-Records_CR1401HD_Stereo-DSD128_2ch128.dsf (length 305008892)

And then here is the FLAC one, which seems to be going away as I plod through my FLAC files project, but won't know til I'm done (cuz log is a small sample of the warnings)

Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TRACKNUMBER tag value in file losslessmusic/YesSongs1CDImage/08 - Yes - Yessongs (Disc 1) - Roundabout.flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in ALBUM tag value in file losslessmusic/YesSongs1CDImage/08 - Yes - Yessongs (Disc 1) - Roundabout.flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in TITLE tag value in file losslessmusic/YesSongs1CDImage/08 - Yes - Yessongs (Disc 1) - Roundabout.flac
Warning: illegal character 0x00 in ARTIST tag value in file losslessmusic/YesSongs1CDImage/08 - Yes - Yessongs (Disc 1) - Roundabout.flac
Update: Thank you Simon, I have gone through all my thousands of FLAC files (rewrtten tags) and Stereo DSF files (removed DATE from index) and am left with a log file "small enough" to fit in one text document. Smile Mostly what is left are errors from some wav files (example)

Error: format error in WAV file Other hirez (2 channel)/Live In Rio (24-48 BR)/01 I Love Being Here With You.wav (length 129821076)
Error: format error in WAV file Other hirez (2 channel)/Live In Rio (24-48 BR)/02 Let's Fall In Love.wav (length 166749876)
Error: format error in WAV file Other hirez (2 channel)/Live In Rio (24-48 BR)/03 Where Or When.wav (length 86634036)

or unexpected end of file errors (example)

Error: unexpected end of file in WAV file Other hirez (2 channel)/Wycliffe Gordon - Dreams of New Orleans/01-When the Saints Go Marching In.wav (length 158394932)
Error: unexpected end of file in WAV file Other hirez (2 channel)/Wycliffe Gordon - Dreams of New Orleans/02-Darktown Strutters' Ball.wav (length 149178932)

and the TYER incorrect value and TXXXX missing description warnings from DSF files (example)

Warning: ID3v2 TYER frame has incorrect value '2014-06-30' at offset 295969064 in file Stereo DSF/Steely Dan - Countdown To Ecstasy/04 - Your Gold Teeth.dsf (length 295969372)
Warning: ID3v2 TXXX frame has missing description at offset 467275578 in file Stereo DSF/05_Dreams-and-Prayers--HD_Crier-Records_CR1401HD_Stereo-DSD64_2ch64.dsf (length 468664412)

Log file is attached.

I will search for answers as well.

Thx again
Ted
Fixed the wav errors and TYER warning issues. After searching high and low this is what I'm left with (attached)..mostly TXXX issues with DSF (something I can't convert from/to easily) and a few weird one-offs.
(10-02-2015 03:44)ted_b Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed the wav errors and TYER warning issues. After searching high and low this is what I'm left with (attached)..mostly TXXX issues with DSF (something I can't convert from/to easily) and a few weird one-offs.

See comments below for the various kinds of error messages.

Quote:Error: unexpected end of file at offset 163955549 in file DVD-A Retail (2 channel)/King Crimson - Discipline (DVD-A)/01 Elephant Talk.aiff (length 163955549)
Error: format error in WAV file losslessmusic/Various Artists - Test Tones/1khz.wav (length 5296148)

The file format is corrupt. To fix it, use a converter such as dBpoweramp.

Quote:Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album HDtracks 2013 Sampler

MinimServer doesn't allow an album to contain more than one ALBUMARTIST tag.

Quote:Warning: conflicting ALBUM tag value Hamadryade (24-176) ignored for file Other hirez (2 channel)/Marc Vallee Trio/Hamadryade (AIFF 176.4 kHz 24-bit)/01-01 Tandara (AIFF 176.4 kHz 24-bit).aif

MinimServer doesn't allow a track to contain more than one ALBUM tag.

Quote:Error: incorrect FLAC header 0x00000000 at offset 0 in file Other hirez (2 channel)/Beethoven - Symphony No.9 ‘... (BIS1616 FLAC 24-bit)/03 - III. Adagio molto e cantabile – Andante cantabile.flac (length 116671164)

The file has a .flac extension but doesn't start with a valid FLAC header.

Quote:Warning: invalid TRACKNUMBER tag value -1 ignored for file LosslessVolume2/Grateful Dead-Reckoning Rhino Remaster/-1 - Grateful Dead - Reckoning Rhino Remaster - Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie.flac

Negative track numbers aren't allowed.

Quote:Warning: illegal character 0x0c in TITLE tag value in file Stereo DSF/Anna Netrebko, soprano - Opera Arias/04 - Anna Netrebko, soprano; Wiener Staatsopernchor; Wiener Phil - Manon [Air du Cours-la-Reine] Suis-je gentille ainsi ....dsf

This character is illegal in a tag value.

Quote:Error: ID3v2 ' " ' frame has invalid size 21103 at offset 169107857 in file Stereo DSF/The Romeros - Rodrigo Vivaldi Guitar Concertos/07 - Angel, Celedonio, Pepe and Celin Romero, Guitars San Anto - Vivaldi Allegro [12 Concertos, Op.3 - L'estro armonico -.dsf (length 169107948)

The ID3v2 metadata for this file is corrupt.

Quote:Warning: ID3v2 TXXX frame has missing description at offset 291504714 in file Stereo DSF/02 VECD [2822k-1b].dsf (length 291901576)

The TXXX frame requires a description (tag name) followed by a value. The description is missing.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's