• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly added Music section?
29-05-2014, 11:14
RE: Newly added Music section?
(29-05-2014 11:11)Antonio Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 22:35)Antonio Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 10:33)Peter@57m Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 00:06)Antonio Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 23:32)Peter@57m Wrote:  I have used a custom field to tag music I've just added as "Recent".
I chose to do it this way as I can control what gets tagged as recent as when it stops being tagged as recent.
I found auto facilities would show things where I have changed the tags or re-ripped for some reason as part of the New list when really I didn't want them there.
Also sometimes I want to keep some albums on the recent list for longer than usual.
So a different approach to the same issue.

Hello, i would like to know how did you do this, cold you be so jently to explain me that? I put my new added music in a folder that i calde "new CD" but how to reach this folder in a short way? Thank you anyway.

I use MediaMonkey to tag my files. It provides 5 custom tag fields (Custom1 to Custom5). I can only assume that custom or user created spare fields are part of the tagging standard. I use a three of these custom fields for 1) tagging as Recent, 2) The Dynamic Range of the Album and 3) the date I added it.
In MinimWatch I then set the Custom tags as indexTags so they are available to the control point, in my case either Kinsky or Kazoo.
I can then go into the control point and see Custom1 as one of the high level indexes, selecting it gives me Recent and [unknown] as values. [unknown] are the albums not tagged as recent.
As I said previously, I choose to do it this way as it allows me to decide what is Recent or not rather than a program using date added or changed or whatever.
I normally flag new rips as Recent and keep them as that until I feel I know the album. Some drop off the recent list faster than others. I also often play the Recent set of albums on random play.
I think most tagging programs provide you with custom fields or allow you to create them.

I always prefer to use tagging rather than moving albums in and out of folders on disk.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further info.
Thank you a lot for your help, i will try the same and let you know, thank you again!
Hello again, i have opened media monkey but i just see "album" "Artist" .... But no other Tag naimed "custom1" or... Where can i find these custom tags?
Maybe shall i buy the gold edition?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 14:11 (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 14:11 by Peter@57m.)
(29-05-2014 11:14)Antonio Wrote:  Hello again, i have opened media monkey but i just see "album" "Artist" .... But no other Tag naimed "custom1" or... Where can i find these custom tags?

Antonio

I don't think you need the Gold version for this.

If you right click on the bar that has Album, Artist etc, you should see a list of available fields. The Custom fields should be there.

I do use the Gold version for a number of other features.

Peter

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
29-05-2014, 17:32
(29-05-2014 14:11)Peter@57m Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 11:14)Antonio Wrote:  Hello again, i have opened media monkey but i just see "album" "Artist" .... But no other Tag naimed "custom1" or... Where can i find these custom tags?

Antonio

I don't think you need the Gold version for this.

If you right click on the bar that has Album, Artist etc, you should see a list of available fields. The Custom fields should be there.

I do use the Gold version for a number of other features.

Peter

Yes i found the 5 Custom under "property" thank youuuu!
31-10-2014, 15:52
(14-05-2014 07:57)eduardoo Wrote:  Hi, all!

I am new to minimserver and am using it in its default setting for now. While I notice that it seems to be much lighter and speedier than the Logitech media server that I have been using (and still using), one thing that I appreciate on the LMS is that there is a category known as "New Music", where the most recently added albums (number of which can be set by user) are listed. I found that useful because I have a pretty large library (2TB+) and I often want to access the stuff that I just added. I see that Minim has quite a few custom settings, but I don't quite "get" the instructions on line. Is there a way to have a "New Music" section in Minim?

Thanks.

Yes, I would like that functionality too...

iTunes now has this and I find it very useful.

Guus
03-11-2014, 19:02
question.

Im also using MM gold as i just love that program.

where in Minim are you typing in the "Custom 5" line ?
03-11-2014, 21:13
(03-11-2014 19:02)x3mkungen Wrote:  question.

Im also using MM gold as i just love that program.

where in Minim are you typing in the "Custom 5" line ?

I have Custom1 set to Recent or blank. I have the following set for MinimServer indexTags in MinimWatch

Artist,Custom1,AlbumArtist:A_Artist,#audioquality:AudQual,#audiodata:AudData,-Custom2:Dyn_R,Custom4:Added,Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra

So Custom1 shows up as a top level index in Kinsky and Kazoo. You could rename it if you wish as I have done for Custom2 and Custom4

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
03-11-2014, 22:49
Awesome. works like a charm.

BUT :-)

Can i change the sorting order. ? as it is now im getting the oldest first. and need to scroll down to the newest one.
03-11-2014, 22:51
the date is in the newest order. :-) ?

2012 and so on.

the recent it the other way around

03-11-2014, 22:56
(03-11-2014 22:51)x3mkungen Wrote:  the date is in the newest order. :-) ?

2012 and so on.

You can add the prefix '-' to the itemTags entry to reverse the sort order (for example, -Custom1 instead of Custom1).
04-11-2014, 06:42
(03-11-2014 22:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 22:51)x3mkungen Wrote:  the date is in the newest order. :-) ?

2012 and so on.

You can add the prefix '-' to the itemTags entry to reverse the sort order (for example, -Custom1 instead of Custom1).

you guys are just Amazing. Thank you. :-)