Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly added Music section?
14-05-2014, 07:57
Newly added Music section?
Hi, all!

I am new to minimserver and am using it in its default setting for now. While I notice that it seems to be much lighter and speedier than the Logitech media server that I have been using (and still using), one thing that I appreciate on the LMS is that there is a category known as "New Music", where the most recently added albums (number of which can be set by user) are listed. I found that useful because I have a pretty large library (2TB+) and I often want to access the stuff that I just added. I see that Minim has quite a few custom settings, but I don't quite "get" the instructions on line. Is there a way to have a "New Music" section in Minim?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2014, 09:00
RE: Newly added Music section?
(14-05-2014 07:57)eduardoo Wrote:  Hi, all!

I am new to minimserver and am using it in its default setting for now. While I notice that it seems to be much lighter and speedier than the Logitech media server that I have been using (and still using), one thing that I appreciate on the LMS is that there is a category known as "New Music", where the most recently added albums (number of which can be set by user) are listed. I found that useful because I have a pretty large library (2TB+) and I often want to access the stuff that I just added. I see that Minim has quite a few custom settings, but I don't quite "get" the instructions on line. Is there a way to have a "New Music" section in Minim?

Thanks.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

There isn't a way to do this automatically. I'm hoping to include this capability in a future release of MinimServer.
15-05-2014, 03:43
(14-05-2014 09:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-05-2014 07:57)eduardoo Wrote:  Hi, all!

Thanks.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

There isn't a way to do this automatically. I'm hoping to include this capability in a future release of MinimServer.

I see. Thanks.
I seriously look forward to this functionality.

Cheers!
15-05-2014, 23:32
I have used a custom field to tag music I've just added as "Recent".
I chose to do it this way as I can control what gets tagged as recent as when it stops being tagged as recent.
I found auto facilities would show things where I have changed the tags or re-ripped for some reason as part of the New list when really I didn't want them there.
Also sometimes I want to keep some albums on the recent list for longer than usual.
So a different approach to the same issue.

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
17-05-2014, 09:27
(14-05-2014 09:00)simoncn Wrote:  There isn't a way to do this automatically. I'm hoping to include this capability in a future release of MinimServer.

Hi Simon,

I'd love to see this option in the future.
Another suggestion is to add an option for showing unplayed tracks.

Regards,
Adam
27-05-2014, 00:06
(15-05-2014 23:32)Peter@57m Wrote:  I have used a custom field to tag music I've just added as "Recent".
I chose to do it this way as I can control what gets tagged as recent as when it stops being tagged as recent.
I found auto facilities would show things where I have changed the tags or re-ripped for some reason as part of the New list when really I didn't want them there.
Also sometimes I want to keep some albums on the recent list for longer than usual.

Hello, i would like to know how did you do this, cold you be so jently to explain me that? I put my new added music in a folder that i calde "new CD" but how to reach this folder in a short way? Thank you anyway.
27-05-2014, 09:59
(27-05-2014 00:06)Antonio Wrote:  Hello, i would like to know how did you do this, cold you be so jently to explain me that? I put my new added music in a folder that i calde "new CD" but how to reach this folder in a short way? Thank you anyway.

You can select [folder view] from the top-level menu, then select "new CD".
27-05-2014, 10:33 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 10:34 by Peter@57m.)
(27-05-2014 00:06)Antonio Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 23:32)Peter@57m Wrote:  I have used a custom field to tag music I've just added as "Recent".

Hello, i would like to know how did you do this, cold you be so jently to explain me that? I put my new added music in a folder that i calde "new CD" but how to reach this folder in a short way? Thank you anyway.

I use MediaMonkey to tag my files. It provides 5 custom tag fields (Custom1 to Custom5). I can only assume that custom or user created spare fields are part of the tagging standard. I use a three of these custom fields for 1) tagging as Recent, 2) The Dynamic Range of the Album and 3) the date I added it.
In MinimWatch I then set the Custom tags as indexTags so they are available to the control point, in my case either Kinsky or Kazoo.
I can then go into the control point and see Custom1 as one of the high level indexes, selecting it gives me Recent and [unknown] as values. [unknown] are the albums not tagged as recent.
As I said previously, I choose to do it this way as it allows me to decide what is Recent or not rather than a program using date added or changed or whatever.
I normally flag new rips as Recent and keep them as that until I feel I know the album. Some drop off the recent list faster than others. I also often play the Recent set of albums on random play.
I think most tagging programs provide you with custom fields or allow you to create them.

I always prefer to use tagging rather than moving albums in and out of folders on disk.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further info.

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
27-05-2014, 22:35
(27-05-2014 10:33)Peter@57m Wrote:  

I use MediaMonkey to tag my files. It provides 5 custom tag fields (Custom1 to Custom5). I can only assume that custom or user created spare fields are part of the tagging standard. I use a three of these custom fields for 1) tagging as Recent, 2) The Dynamic Range of the Album and 3) the date I added it.
In MinimWatch I then set the Custom tags as indexTags so they are available to the control point, in my case either Kinsky or Kazoo.
I can then go into the control point and see Custom1 as one of the high level indexes, selecting it gives me Recent and [unknown] as values. [unknown] are the albums not tagged as recent.
As I said previously, I choose to do it this way as it allows me to decide what is Recent or not rather than a program using date added or changed or whatever.
I normally flag new rips as Recent and keep them as that until I feel I know the album. Some drop off the recent list faster than others. I also often play the Recent set of albums on random play.
I think most tagging programs provide you with custom fields or allow you to create them.

I always prefer to use tagging rather than moving albums in and out of folders on disk.

Thank you a lot for your help, i will try the same and let you know, thank you again!
29-05-2014, 11:11
(27-05-2014 22:35)Antonio Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 10:33)Peter@57m Wrote:  

Thank you a lot for your help, i will try the same and let you know, thank you again!
Hello again, i have opened media monkey but i just see "album" "Artist" .... But no other Tag naimed "custom1" or... Where can i find these custom tags?