Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS doesn't scan filenames with special chars
01-02-2014, 18:29 (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 18:30 by simoncn.)
RE: MS doesn't scan filenames with special chars
(01-02-2014 18:11)thetalm Wrote:  Now that I learnt that restarting from Minimwatch doesn't show the default character set in the log, I spent a couple hours in the SSH console, changing "export" values and then starting MS with STARTC. This allowed me to show in Minimwatch log the default charset used.

MS is commonly used to mean something else in the world of computer software. I'd appreciate it if you could find some other way to abbreviate MinimServer.

Quote:So doing, I solved the problem with
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

After placing the above line in the STARTD file, all is going well.

That's interesting. I'll investigate the difference between exporting LANG and exporting LC_ALL.

Quote:P.S.
Simon, it's just a couple days I'm trying MinimServer after 5 years of various Twonky releases.
MinimServer seems to be a great piece of software. Now I'll keep it running for some days with my audio equipments and letting my wife playing with it. For now, let me thank you for your kind support.

I'm glad we figured out how to get MinimServer running on your Buffalo NAS. I'll be interested to hear your feedback after a few days of using it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 18:37
RE: MS doesn't scan filenames with special chars
(01-02-2014 18:29)simoncn Wrote:  That's interesting. I'll investigate the difference between exporting LANG and exporting LC_ALL.

I think I understand what's happening. Exporting LANG sets the character classification unless LC_CTYPE is already set. if LC_CTYPE is already set, its value can be overridden by LC_ALL. Because you had LC_CTYPE already set to POSIX, exporting LANG does not override this setting but exporting LC_CTYPE does.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply