Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver and Kinsky DSD no go
17-03-2014, 07:27 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 07:33 by winmore.)
RE: Minimserver and Kinsky DSD no go
iOS version of PlugPayer on iPad does as it should and gives me media player etc choice. I will need to manually link to Minimserver, but should be fine. I guess I will put OSX version aside.
Thank you for your patient support.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 10:12
(17-03-2014 07:27)winmore Wrote:  iOS version of PlugPayer on iPad does as it should and gives me media player etc choice. I will need to manually link to Minimserver, but should be fine. I guess I will put OSX version aside.
Thank you for your patient support.

Why do you need to manually link to MinimServer? PlugPlayer on iOS is able to discover MinimServer automatically for me.
17-03-2014, 11:26 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 12:14 by winmore.)
Thank you again Simon. I have the USB drive with small range of music files connected to the MacBook and that drive is listed in the Properties - contentDir for MinimServer. I think this should be found, but not so.

The active (non-greyed out) media players shown are the iPad itself (which seems to link itself to 3 files sitting in an iTunes folder) and Twonky which is on the Integrita nas, although I have disconnected the ethernet connection to the nas (this does link to the files on the nas however).

My guess is that the 'Device' which is shown as the iPad should be the DSX player/renderer. But when I try to 'Manually add a device' the url for the DSX is not accepted.

I have also asked my DSX dealer to try for information from Chord Electronics about their implementation of MinimServer and hope that that is of assistance.

Sorry to be messing about! Ron
17-03-2014, 12:10
(17-03-2014 11:26)winmore Wrote:  Thank you again Simon. iOS PlugPlayer on my iPad finds only one media network on my MacBook Pro and that is from JRiver, the software I am moving away from. This occurs despite me disconnecting the etherent connection to the nas that has the music files linked to JRiver media network. I have the USB drive with small range of music files connected to the MacBook and that drive is listed in the Properties - contentDir for MinimServer. I think this should also be found, but not so.

PlugPlayer seems to be quite unreliable with discovering UPnP servers and renderers. If you leave it running for some time (10 to 20 minutes), that might help. It seems to get there in the end.

The USB drive isn't a UPnP server, so PlugPlayer wouldn't discover that.
17-03-2014, 12:15
(17-03-2014 12:10)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 11:26)winmore Wrote:  Thank you again Simon. iOS PlugPlayer on my iPad finds only one media network on my MacBook Pro and that is from JRiver, the software I am moving away from. This occurs despite me disconnecting the etherent connection to the nas that has the music files linked to JRiver media network. I have the USB drive with small range of music files connected to the MacBook and that drive is listed in the Properties - contentDir for MinimServer. I think this should also be found, but not so.

PlugPlayer seems to be quite unreliable with discovering UPnP servers and renderers. If you leave it running for some time (10 to 20 minutes), that might help. It seems to get there in the end.

The USB drive isn't a UPnP server, so PlugPlayer wouldn't discover that.
17-03-2014, 12:16
Thank you again. I will be more patient in the morning when I have more time to spend. I greatly value your patient support.
18-03-2014, 01:44 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 01:47 by winmore.)
Switched off the Integrita has. Opened PlugPlayer which promptly found MinimServer which I have now set as media network. Got there thanks to all your help.
Simon - you really set the benchmark for outstanding support of your product and users.
18-03-2014, 10:24
(18-03-2014 01:44)winmore Wrote:  Switched off the Integrita has. Opened PlugPlayer which promptly found MinimServer which I have now set as media network. Got there thanks to all your help.
Simon - you really set the benchmark for outstanding support of your product and users.

I'm glad to hear you are making progress. Have you been able to play DSD files on the DSX yet?
18-03-2014, 13:55 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 13:56 by wappinghigh.)
PlugPlayer has nothing to do with itunes.... just saying.. Smile
19-03-2014, 02:11
Great - playing .dff files seamlessly and with wonderful SQ through the DSX. How? Using MinimServer as Media Server, transcoding .dff files to dopwav and setting DSX as renderer.

The issue that held me up was downloading the iOS version of PlugPlayer on my MacBook Pro and not being able to run it. I went back and checked the PlugPlayer website to locate the OSX version. Bingo, everything I want listed in the Media Servers and Media Renderers panes. Thank you to wappinghigh who correctly listed PlugPlayer as being for iOS and OSX - I just did not get it right at first.

MinimServer gets a very high recommendation from me. And, PlugPlayer does its job effectively.