Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see/play AAC files - Cambridge Minx xi
28-02-2014, 14:27 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 14:28 by villeneuve80.)
Can't see/play AAC files - Cambridge Minx xi
Hi !
just bought a cambridge audio minx xi DMS and trying to play my AAC library without luck. (using the streammagic app or directly on the minx xi). mp3 and other files play wells. I have the library on a synology ds213j and can play the songs with the synology ds audio app on my iphone, but on the minx xi the AAC files plays for 3-10 sec then stopped and sometimes makes the minx xi reboot...

so I've come across the minimserver site and install it to see if this can fix the issue, but aac files don't even show up in the minimserver...

any ideas ?

thanks
p.s all music is in the same folder on my nas (music)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2014, 15:04
RE: Can't see/play AAC files - Cambridge Minx xi
when starting minimserver in the log file I get error msg : invalid ADTS header for each aac file.
28-02-2014, 15:40 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 15:41 by simoncn.)
(28-02-2014 14:27)villeneuve80 Wrote:  Hi !
just bought a cambridge audio minx xi DMS and trying to play my AAC library without luck. (using the streammagic app or directly on the minx xi). mp3 and other files play wells. I have the library on a synology ds213j and can play the songs with the synology ds audio app on my iphone, but on the minx xi the AAC files plays for 3-10 sec then stopped and sometimes makes the minx xi reboot...

so I've come across the minimserver site and install it to see if this can fix the issue, but aac files don't even show up in the minimserver...

any ideas ?

thanks
p.s all music is in the same folder on my nas (music)

You can find the .aac files by looking under [folder view] or [untagged]. It isn't possible to tag a .aac file, so these files don't appear under any of the tag choices in the menus.
28-02-2014, 17:28
(28-02-2014 15:40)simoncn Wrote:  You can find the .aac files by looking under [folder view] or [untagged]. It isn't possible to tag a .aac file, so these files don't appear under any of the tag choices in the menus.

thanks for the help !
but the aac files are not appearing in the folder menus or untagged.
though the folders are there and when there is an mp3 file in the same folder I can see and play it... but aac are missings...
28-02-2014, 18:55 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2014 18:55 by simoncn.)
(28-02-2014 17:28)villeneuve80 Wrote:  thanks for the help !
but the aac files are not appearing in the folder menus or untagged.
though the folders are there and when there is an mp3 file in the same folder I can see and play it... but aac are missings...

Do the AAC files have a .aac extension? This is needed for them to be found by MinimServer. If they do have this extension, please check the log window for error messages. Perhaps MinimServer has found a problem when reading the .aac files. To see the log window, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer on your local network.
28-02-2014, 19:07
(28-02-2014 18:55)simoncn Wrote:  Do the AAC files have a .aac extension? This is needed for them to be found by MinimServer. If they do have this extension, please check the log window for error messages. Perhaps MinimServer has found a problem when reading the .aac files. To see the log window, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer on your local network.

- yes .aac extension

this is the error I get in the log for every .aac file

Error: invalid ADTS header 0x49443303000000 in file BILLBOARD TOP 100/BILLBOARD TOUNES/1970/008 - RARE EARTH - GET READY.aac (length 1018168)
28-02-2014, 21:26
(28-02-2014 19:07)villeneuve80 Wrote:  - yes .aac extension

this is the error I get in the log for every .aac file

Error: invalid ADTS header 0x49443303000000 in file BILLBOARD TOP 100/BILLBOARD TOUNES/1970/008 - RARE EARTH - GET READY.aac (length 1018168)

This message means that the file starts with an ID3v2.3 tag. This tag isn't valid for .aac files. Which program was used to create the .aac files?
01-03-2014, 04:55
(28-02-2014 21:26)simoncn Wrote:  This message means that the file starts with an ID3v2.3 tag. This tag isn't valid for .aac files. Which program was used to create the .aac files?

good question ! I don't know
theses files are from an ex-DJ
they do play well in synology's ds audio software though...
01-03-2014, 12:20
(01-03-2014 04:55)villeneuve80 Wrote:  good question ! I don't know

It seems likely that the problem with playing these files on the Minx Xi might be related to the ID3v2 tag information in the files. I think most players wouldn't be able to play .aac files containing ID3v2 tags.
01-03-2014, 13:48
(01-03-2014 12:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:55)villeneuve80 Wrote:  good question ! I don't know

It seems likely that the problem with playing these files on the Minx Xi might be related to the ID3v2 tag information in the files. I think most players wouldn't be able to play .aac files containing ID3v2 tags.

thanks for your help, any ways to change this ?
I am also in touch with Cambridge audio to find out, for now they say the file I send them is ok. will keep updated if I find out.