Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer Installation
10-02-2014, 19:50
RE: MinimStreamer Installation
(10-02-2014 19:00)lateloss Wrote:  That's great. Now installed and working....thanks very much!!Big Grin

You're very welcome. I'll add something about this to the installation instructions, as it isn't obvious why MinimStreamer isn't shown when MinimServer is first installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 13:44
I'd be grateful for some help with configuring hi-def internet radio streams using minimwatch/server. The minimstreamer installation instructions state 'the name of the stream must be specified in the .m3u playlist file using the special format', but where do I find/create the m3u playlist file. Does this already exist; I cannot see an option to set a specific stream in the minimserver/watch control panel?
17-02-2014, 14:16
(17-02-2014 13:44)lateloss Wrote:  I'd be grateful for some help with configuring hi-def internet radio streams using minimwatch/server. The minimstreamer installation instructions state 'the name of the stream must be specified in the .m3u playlist file using the special format', but where do I find/create the m3u playlist file. Does this already exist; I cannot see an option to set a specific stream in the minimserver/watch control panel?

You need to create the .m3u file using a text editor and place it in any folder underneath your content directory, then select Rescan from the minim icon. If there are any problems with the .m3u file, you should see a message in the log window when you do the rescan.
18-02-2014, 13:36
OK, thanks.some progress; I had forgotten to change the 'rtf' file extension to 'm3u'. I can now see the folder containing the playlist.pls/ file but this will not play.for the record I have used the Linn settings suggested in your user guide and am streaming to a Unitiqute? There do no seem to be any error logs in minimwatch so I'm presuming this is a problem ay the qute end?
18-02-2014, 14:02
(18-02-2014 13:36)lateloss Wrote:  OK, thanks.some progress; I had forgotten to change the 'rtf' file extension to 'm3u'. I can now see the folder containing the playlist.pls/ file but this will not play.for the record I have used the Linn settings suggested in your user guide and am streaming to a Unitiqute? There do no seem to be any error logs in minimwatch so I'm presuming this is a problem ay the qute end?

You shouldn't be seeing a playlist.pls file. Which control point are you using? Can you post a screenshot showing the playlist.pls file?
18-02-2014, 16:07
Lightbulb RE: MinimStreamer Installation

(18-02-2014 14:02)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 13:36)lateloss Wrote:  OK, thanks.some progress; I had forgotten to change the 'rtf' file extension to 'm3u'. I can now see the folder containing the playlist.pls/ file but this will not play.for the record I have used the Linn settings suggested in your user guide and am streaming to a Unitiqute? There do no seem to be any error logs in minimwatch so I'm presuming this is a problem ay the qute end?

You shouldn't be seeing a playlist.pls file. Which control point are you using? Can you post a screenshot showing the playlist.pls file?

I'm using the Naim n-stream controller. These are the contents of the m3u file I have been using

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[Linn] Linn Radio Classical
http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein...aylist.pls

These are the screenshots of what I see in the controller...
<photo.PNG>
18-02-2014, 16:43
(18-02-2014 16:07)lateloss Wrote:  I'm using the Naim n-stream controller. These are the contents of the m3u file I have been using

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[Linn] Linn Radio Classical
http://radio.linnrecords.com/cast/tunein.php/linnclassical/playlist.pls

These are the screenshots of what I see in the controller...

I think the problem is caused by trying to use folder view. Instead, you should be able to access 'Linn Classical' from a top-level menu entry that contains all your playlists. Do you see it there, and does it work?
18-02-2014, 18:13
I've tried to access via the top-level menu in 'playlist'. I have the same problem- I can see a 'playlist.pls/' file which does not play....
18-02-2014, 18:34
(18-02-2014 18:13)lateloss Wrote:  I've tried to access via the top-level menu in 'playlist'. I have the same problem- I can see a 'playlist.pls/' file which does not play....

What do you have in the stream.transcode property? If it contains mp3:wav or mp3:wav24, try changing this to *:wav or *:wav24.
18-02-2014, 19:02
I actually hadn't set a transcode property apart from ALAC:wav24. I did add *:wav24 to see if this made any difference but does not seem to. Still unable to play the .pls file in the playlist...??