Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tagCustom + Raumfeld
31-01-2014, 21:03
tagCustom + Raumfeld
I am using Raumfeld as a streamer with the respective Raumfeld app and have minimserver running on a Synology NAS. For my Linn setup (MDSM+Kinsky) it works fine.
With the Raumfeld app I have issues when I go the album view, it groups the albums according to the composer of a song, which of course can be multiple per album. So my albums are split per composer.
My guess is, it has to do with the "tagCustom" entry which shows "Composer.displayRole={artist, author}" but I have no idea how to change it.
I also don't want my Linn set up negatively impacted by a change.

Thanks for the help.

Spiky
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 22:17
RE: tagCustom + Raumfeld
(31-01-2014 21:03)spiky127 Wrote:  I am using Raumfeld as a streamer with the respective Raumfeld app and have minimserver running on a Synology NAS. For my Linn setup (MDSM+Kinsky) it works fine.
With the Raumfeld app I have issues when I go the album view, it groups the albums according to the composer of a song, which of course can be multiple per album. So my albums are split per composer.
My guess is, it has to do with the "tagCustom" entry which shows "Composer.displayRole={artist, author}" but I have no idea how to change it.

Thanks for the help.

Spiky

It sounds like the Raumfeld app is misinterpreting composer information as artist information. You can prevent MinimServer from sending composer information to control point apps by changing this setting to Composer.displayRole={none} and restarting MinimServer. This should solve the Raumfeld problem.

With your Linn setup, this change will suppress composer information, but you might not notice any difference because Kinsky isn't very good at showing composer information even when it is sent by the server.

This displayRole change will not affect your ability to view Composer information in the browsing index from any control point.
01-02-2014, 00:01
(31-01-2014 22:17)simoncn Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 21:03)spiky127 Wrote:  I am using Raumfeld as a streamer with the respective Raumfeld app and have minimserver running on a Synology NAS. For my Linn setup (MDSM+Kinsky) it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Spiky

It sounds like the Raumfeld app is misinterpreting composer information as artist information. You can prevent MinimServer from sending composer information to control point apps by changing this setting to Composer.displayRole={none} and restarting MinimServer. This should solve the Raumfeld problem.

With your Linn setup, this change will suppress composer information, but you might not notice any difference because Kinsky isn't very good at showing composer information even when it is sent by the server.

This displayRole change will not affect your ability to view Composer information in the browsing index from any control point.

I applied the changes and get following error message:
"MinimServer: incorrect role 'none' in option 'Composer.displayRole' in property 'tagCustom'
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'"
01-02-2014, 00:17
(01-02-2014 00:01)spiky127 Wrote:  I applied the changes and get following error message:
"MinimServer: incorrect role 'none' in option 'Composer.displayRole' in property 'tagCustom'

My apologies: the correct setting is Composer.displayRole={}.
03-02-2014, 09:48
(01-02-2014 00:17)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 00:01)spiky127 Wrote:  I applied the changes and get following error message:

My apologies: the correct setting is Composer.displayRole={}.

Thanks. This solved the main problem. The only thing left now is that the Raumfeld app is not providing options to show the albums grouped per "album + album artist" but shows it only as per "album + artist". So for albums with multiple artists it shows each file seperately.
But this is in my opinion a Raumfeld issue not a minimserver one.

Brgds

Spiky
03-02-2014, 10:35 (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 10:36 by simoncn.)
(03-02-2014 09:48)spiky127 Wrote:  Thanks. This solved the main problem. The only thing left now is that the Raumfeld app is not providing options to show the albums grouped per "album + album artist" but shows it only as per "album + artist". So for albums with multiple artists it shows each file seperately.
But this is in my opinion a Raumfeld issue not a minimserver one.

Brgds

Spiky

In the next MinimServer update, you will be able to add a new setting AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist} to the tagCustom property. This will send AlbumArtist information to the control point for albums that have an AlbumArtist tag, and this should fix the problem you're seeing now.

I'm considering whether to make this the default setting if AlbumArtist is present in indexTags or itemTags. At the moment, I can't think of a reason not to do this.
03-02-2014, 14:34
Sounds promising.
Thanks for the support.

Brgds

Spiky
16-02-2014, 23:06
(03-02-2014 14:34)spiky127 Wrote:  Sounds promising.
Thanks for the support.

Brgds

Spiky

the latest MinimServer update with the additional setting AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist} in the tagCustom property solved the problem now.

Thanks a lot.

Brgds

Spiky
27-10-2014, 18:24 (This post was last modified: 27-10-2014 19:52 by workspace.)
I have a similar setup (Raumfeld and Minimserver on a Synology NAS) and still have problems for albums with multiple artists.
When I'm using AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist} it kind of solves one part of the problem. But since Raumfeld only reads the first instance of a upnp XML tag (same problem with genres) I lose all the the Artist Information. (every track of that album would have "Various" as artist)

I realized that Raumfeld works correct together with twonkyserver.
twonky uses a XML tag named upnp:albumArtist and obviously Raumfeld is parsing this to handle albums with multiple artists.

so my question:
Would it be possible to introduce something like AlbumArtist.displayRole={albumArtist} so that I get a XML tag like upnp:albumArtist?

Thanks for the help

Michael
28-10-2014, 10:18
(27-10-2014 18:24)workspace Wrote:  I have a similar setup (Raumfeld and Minimserver on a Synology NAS) and still have problems for albums with multiple artists.
When I'm using AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist} it kind of solves one part of the problem. But since Raumfeld only reads the first instance of a upnp XML tag (same problem with genres) I lose all the the Artist Information. (every track of that album would have "Various" as artist)

I realized that Raumfeld works correct together with twonkyserver.
twonky uses a XML tag named upnp:albumArtist and obviously Raumfeld is parsing this to handle albums with multiple artists.

so my question:
Would it be possible to introduce something like AlbumArtist.displayRole={albumArtist} so that I get a XML tag like upnp:albumArtist?

Thanks for the help

Michael

This upnp:albumArtist tag has been invented by Twonky and isn't part of the UPnP specifications. MinimServer implements the UPnP standard and the correct solution is for Raumfeld to also implement the UPnP standard so that it can work with other UPnP servers as well as Twonky.