Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date tag warnings when using full date in JRiver
17-11-2013, 01:45
Date tag warnings when using full date in JRiver
Hello,
Please help me this. I'm testing out JRiver for managing dsf files. When I try to change the Date tag to yyyy-mm-dd, JRiver accepts this change, however, showing it as mm/dd/yyyy as a result. It's not clear to me if there is a way to change the Date tag to display yyyy-mm-dd.

When I restart MinimServer, the log shows messages indicating Date has an incorrect value and is truncated. However, for some albums I've changed, Date is not truncated to year, but shown incorrectly in the Lumin app, the year being correct but the month and day are wrong. Example: JRiver shows 8/17/1984 (correct), but Lumin app shows 1984-07-02 (incorrect).

These are some of the log messages:
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1994-15-02 in file DSD/Dead Can Dance/Toward The Within/06 The Wind That Shakes The Barley.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1994-15-02 in file DSD/Dead Can Dance/Toward The Within/07 I Am Stretched Out On Your Grave.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1994-15-02 in file DSD/Dead Can Dance/Toward The Within/14 Sanvean.dsf

These files in JRiver correctly display the date as 10/24/1994, not 1994-15-02.

I'm using the Lumin Network Player and app at their latest versions and MinimServer 0.72.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 08:22 (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 08:22 by simoncn.)
RE: Date tag warnings when using full date in JRiver
(17-11-2013 01:45)dan186 Wrote:  Hello,
Please help me this. I'm testing out JRiver for managing dsf files. When I try to change the Date tag to yyyy-mm-dd, JRiver accepts this change, however, showing it as mm/dd/yyyy as a result. It's not clear to me if there is a way to change the Date tag to display yyyy-mm-dd.

When I restart MinimServer, the log shows messages indicating Date has an incorrect value and is truncated. However, for some albums I've changed, Date is not truncated to year, but shown incorrectly in the Lumin app, the year being correct but the month and day are wrong. Example: JRiver shows 8/17/1984 (correct), but Lumin app shows 1984-07-02 (incorrect).

Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1994-15-02 in file DSD/Dead Can Dance/Toward The Within/06 The Wind That Shakes The Barley.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1994-15-02 in file DSD/Dead Can Dance/Toward The Within/07 I Am Stretched Out On Your Grave.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1994-15-02 in file DSD/Dead Can Dance/Toward The Within/14 Sanvean.dsf

I'm using the Lumin Network Player and app at their latest versions and MinimServer 0.72.

Thanks.

You might have more than one date tag in the file. MinimServer is correctly rejecting the value DATE=1994-15-02. Perhaps the file contains another date tag (either DATE, RELEASEDATE or ORIGINALDATE) that has the correct value 1994-10-24 and is being used by JRiver.

The format for the tagged date in the file must be yyyy-mm-dd according to the UPnP specification. It's fine for a control point such as JRiver to display this in some other form such as dd/mm/yyyy.

The easiest way for me to find out what's causing the problem would be for you to upload one of these files to my FTP server so that I can look at the tags in the file. I'll send you a PM with the server details.
17-11-2013, 18:01
(17-11-2013 08:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 01:45)dan186 Wrote:  Hello,

Thanks.

You might have more than one date tag in the file. MinimServer is correctly rejecting the value DATE=1994-15-02. Perhaps the file contains another date tag (either DATE, RELEASEDATE or ORIGINALDATE) that has the correct value 1994-10-24 and is being used by JRiver.

The format for the tagged date in the file must be yyyy-mm-dd according to the UPnP specification. It's fine for a control point such as JRiver to display this in some other form such as dd/mm/yyyy.

The easiest way for me to find out what's causing the problem would be for you to upload one of these files to my FTP server so that I can look at the tags in the file. I'll send you a PM with the server details.

I've ftp'd the 06 The Wind That Shakes The Barley.dsf file.

Thanks.
17-11-2013, 22:16
(17-11-2013 18:01)dan186 Wrote:  I've ftp'd the 06 The Wind That Shakes The Barley.dsf file.

Thanks.

Thanks for uploading this. It contains the following ID3v2 frames:

TYER: 1994
TDAT: 1502
TXXX JR/Date: 34631

From the TYER and TDAT frames, the date should be 1994-02-15 (15th February 1994). MinimServer isn't handling this correctly because of a bug in how it processes TDAT frames.

It appears the TXXX JR/Date frame value of 34631 represents the date 1994-10-24. I don't know why this isn't the same date as the TYER/TDAT tags. JRiver is reading the proprietary TXXX JR/Date value instead of TYER/TDAT, and this is why it is displaying a different (correct) date.

I will fix the MinimServer bug in the next release of MinimServer. When I have done this, you will need to change the TDAT frame value to 2410 to see the correct date in MinimServer.

Thanks very much for making me aware of this TDAT problem.
17-11-2013, 22:49
(17-11-2013 22:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 18:01)dan186 Wrote:  I've ftp'd the 06 The Wind That Shakes The Barley.dsf file.

Thanks.

Thanks for uploading this. It contains the following ID3v2 frames:

TYER: 1994
TDAT: 1502
TXXX JR/Date: 34631

From the TYER and TDAT frames, the date should be 1994-02-15 (15th February 1994). MinimServer isn't handling this correctly because of a bug in how it processes TDAT frames.

It appears the TXXX JR/Date frame value of 34631 represents the date 1994-10-24. I don't know why this isn't the same date as the TYER/TDAT tags. JRiver is reading the proprietary TXXX JR/Date value instead of TYER/TDAT, and this is why it is displaying a different (correct) date.

I will fix the MinimServer bug in the next release of MinimServer. When I have done this, you will need to change the TDAT frame value to 2410 to see the correct date in MinimServer.

Thanks very much for making me aware of this TDAT problem.

I went back through how I created these dsf files. These were created through sacd_extract using the ISO of the SACD. This program created the dff files which were then run through Audiogate to create the dsf files.

I looked again in Audiogate to see what the Rec Date information shows for this track before converting it to dsf and it shows 2008-02-15 (the release date of the SACD). This might explain why the TDAT is set as it is.

When this album was added to JRiver, the Date tag only showed 2008. I tried to change this to 1994-10-24 (the original release date of this album).

JRiver did not appear to change TDAT after I made this date change.
17-11-2013, 23:38
(17-11-2013 22:49)dan186 Wrote:  I went back through how I created these dsf files. These were created through sacd_extract using the ISO of the SACD. This program created the dff files which were then run through Audiogate to create the dsf files.

I looked again in Audiogate to see what the Rec Date information shows for this track before converting it to dsf and it shows 2008-02-15 (the release date of the SACD). This might explain why the TDAT is set as it is.

When this album was added to JRiver, the Date tag only showed 2008. I tried to change this to 1994-10-24 (the original release date of this album).

JRiver did not appear to change TDAT after I made this date change.

Thanks for explaining this. It sounds like you will probably need to use a different taggng program to fix these TDAT tags. I would normally recommend Mp3tag, but I don't think it supports DSF files.
18-11-2013, 01:21
(17-11-2013 23:38)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for explaining this. It sounds like you will probably need to use a different taggng program to fix these TDAT tags. I would normally recommend Mp3tag, but I don't think it supports DSF files.

I recreated the dsf files for this album. Before converting the dff files to dsf files in Audiogate, I blanked out Rec Date, then did the conversion.

When I then added the new dsf files to JRiver, I then added the 1994-10-24 date in the Date tag. After restarting MinimServer, I do not get any messages for this album. In the Lumin app, the date shows just the year 1994.

I suppose JRiver must not use TDAT at all.
18-11-2013, 10:04
(18-11-2013 01:21)dan186 Wrote:  I recreated the dsf files for this album. Before converting the dff files to dsf files in Audiogate, I blanked out Rec Date, then did the conversion.

When I then added the new dsf files to JRiver, I then added the 1994-10-24 date in the Date tag. After restarting MinimServer, I do not get any messages for this album. In the Lumin app, the date shows just the year 1994.

I suppose JRiver must not use TDAT at all.

If you can configure JRiver to write tags in ID3v2.4 format instead of ID3v2.3, JRiver should write the full correct date in the TDRC frame. The TDRC frame was introduced in ID3v2.4 as a replacement for TYER and TDAT, and is supported by MinimServer without bugs. Smile This would be the best solution.
21-12-2013, 16:56
Hello,

I'm still having issues with this problem after upgrading to the new release. Here are the first few messages of the log:

MinimServer 0.8.1 update 12, Copyright © 2012, 2013 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
starting MinimServer
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-08 in file DSD/Ann Hampton Callaway/Blues in the Night/09 It's All Right with Me.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-08 in file DSD/Ann Hampton Callaway/Blues in the Night/12 The Glory of Love.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-08 in file DSD/Ann Hampton Callaway/Blues in the Night/08 Hip to Be Happy.dsf

Thanks.
21-12-2013, 19:24
(21-12-2013 16:56)dan186 Wrote:  Hello,

I'm still having issues with this problem after upgrading to the new release. Here are the first few messages of the log:

MinimServer 0.8.1 update 12, Copyright © 2012, 2013 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
starting MinimServer
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-08 in file DSD/Ann Hampton Callaway/Blues in the Night/09 It's All Right with Me.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-08 in file DSD/Ann Hampton Callaway/Blues in the Night/12 The Glory of Love.dsf
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2006-22-08 in file DSD/Ann Hampton Callaway/Blues in the Night/08 Hip to Be Happy.dsf

Thanks.

These dates are not in YYYY-MM-DD format as required by the UPnP AV specification. The only solution is to edit your file tags (in this case, to 2006-08-22).