|
MinimWatch vs. Browser
|
|
17-09-2026, 12:23
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
MinimWatch vs. Browser
My question is probably a stupid one but what does MinimWatch do that isn‘t possible by simply entering the MinimServer page with my browser?
|
|||
|
17-09-2026, 13:59
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
It’s impossible to view the log …
|
|||
|
17-09-2026, 14:13
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2026 14:17 by Stake.)
Post: #3
|
|||
|
|||
| RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser | |||
|
18-09-2026, 13:50
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2026 13:51 by Stake.)
Post: #4
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
I‘d really love to get some more info on this.
Currently I honestly fail to see any reason for using MinimWatch. |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 15:03
Post: #5
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
MinimWatch has been available since launch, whereas the web configurator was introduced in v2 (I believe) as a lightweight alternative (doesn't require Java).
As @stefano_mbp pointed out, the big difference is the log view. Performing the following steps using the command line tools is possible, but it's much more cumbersome: https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread...4#pid54634 For most people the web configurator is all that's needed. |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 16:47
Post: #6
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
(18-09-2026 15:03)simbun Wrote: MinimWatch has been available since launch, whereas the web configurator was introduced in v2 (I believe) as a lightweight alternative (doesn't require Java). Thank you Simbun, Why would I need the command line tool? I can access the logs and everytihing else using a file explorer. |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 17:10
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2026 17:13 by simbun.)
Post: #7
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
(18-09-2026 16:47)Stake Wrote: Why would I need the command line tool? I can access the logs and everytihing else using a file explorer. Good point. I tend to use either MinimWatch or SSH, but I suppose you could use the web configurator to apply the profile changes (instead of mscript on the command line) and file explorer to view the remote logs - though I don't know how you'd clear the log easily. I used MinimWatch long before the web configurator was available, so it's my preferred interface. |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 17:22
Post: #8
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
[quote='simbun' pid='54641' dateline='
- though I don't know how you'd clear the log easily. [/quote] You can either simply edit the log files with a text editor or, this is what I do, delete them entirely. I sometimes even delete the database before running a rescan. |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 18:46
Post: #9
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
(18-09-2026 17:22)Stake Wrote: [You can either simply edit the log files with a text editor or, this is what I do, delete them entirely. I sometimes even delete the database before running a rescan.Yes by setting up a read/write network share and altering the logs of live processes (or stop and start every time) it can be done, but why make do? |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 19:12
Post: #10
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
(18-09-2026 18:46)simbun Wrote:(18-09-2026 17:22)Stake Wrote: [You can either simply edit the log files with a text editor or, this is what I do, delete them entirely. I sometimes even delete the database before running a rescan.Yes by setting up a read/write network share and altering the logs of live processes (or stop and start every time) it can be done, but why make do? None of this applies to my out-of-the-box setup on my QNAP NAS. As an admin I naturally have read/write admission on everything. I don‘t have to stop/restart MinimServer. I delete the log files and that‘s it. On the next incident it will be created anew. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



