Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update in sight?
27-10-2013, 08:13
RE: Any update in sight?
(27-10-2013 07:07)wappinghigh Wrote:  Yeah .72 has been *Very* stable. That would need to continue..that's a given. But can you give us a few hints what is coming.. I know some have been dropped over recent month's here and there on various threads... but I've lost track.. Are you able to list them all here now? (Just thought I'd ask the obvious..sorry Simon) hehehe Smile

There a lot of minor improvements and bug fixes. UPnP Search will be supported. WAV tagging will be supported. Online updating will be supported. Additional transcoding options will be available. There is something else as well, which will be announced when the release is available.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2013, 23:32 (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 23:32 by bbrip.)
(26-10-2013 09:59)Wammer Wrote:  Simon, do you expect the update to include the facility to reverse artist names when displayed in a control point e.g. Terfel, Bryn displayed as Bryn Terfel?

+1

This has been on the wishlist for a looooong-time, longer than many other features.... If its not in the next version, just skip the next and bring us the one after that Tongue No serious, would be great if this would come soon

bbrip
28-10-2013, 20:58
(25-10-2013 23:10)flaude Wrote:  wonderful piece of software

we just need another such good software to control it!!

Agreed on both counts! I use several control points, but last time I evaluated them thoroughly, none of them had everything I hoped for.

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA
03-11-2013, 12:11
(27-10-2013 08:13)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 07:07)wappinghigh Wrote:  Yeah .72 has been *Very* stable. That would need to continue..that's a given. But can you give us a few hints what is coming.. I know some have been dropped over recent month's here and there on various threads... but I've lost track.. Are you able to list them all here now? (Just thought I'd ask the obvious..sorry Simon) hehehe Smile

There a lot of minor improvements and bug fixes. UPnP Search will be supported. WAV tagging will be supported. Online updating will be supported. Additional transcoding options will be available. There is something else as well, which will be announced when the release is available.

Simon, two questions:
- does WAV tagging include Album Art?
- it is probably depending on the renderer if there will be a big 'hiss' at the end of every tagged WAV file (ID3 part that is written in the end of the WAV file)? Or is there something the (Minim)server can do to prevent this?
03-11-2013, 13:40
(03-11-2013 12:11)jvilly Wrote:  Simon, two questions:
- it is probably depending on the renderer if there will be a big 'hiss' at the end of every tagged WAV file (ID3 part that is written in the end of the WAV file)? Or is there something the (Minim)server can do to prevent this?

The WAV tagging support includes everything in ID3v2, so it does include album art.

If you have a hiss at the end of the file, this is a bug in the renderer. The ID3v2 tag is written as a separate chunk in the WAV file, and the renderer should play only the sound chunk from the WAV file.
04-11-2013, 09:53
(03-11-2013 13:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 12:11)jvilly Wrote:  Simon, two questions:

The WAV tagging support includes everything in ID3v2, so it does include album art.

If you have a hiss at the end of the file, this is a bug in the renderer. The ID3v2 tag is written as a separate chunk in the WAV file, and the renderer should play only the sound chunk from the WAV file.

It would be really cool having that WAV tagging support. Any suggestions which tagger I should use for doing this? Mediamonkey, MP3Tag or Jaikoz?
04-11-2013, 10:38
(04-11-2013 09:53)jvilly Wrote:  It would be really cool having that WAV tagging support. Any suggestions which tagger I should use for doing this? Mediamonkey, MP3Tag or Jaikoz?

I have used dbPoweramp to test this. It seems that Mp3tag doesn't support WAV files. I don't use MediaMonkey or Jaikoz.
14-11-2013, 11:52 (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013 11:53 by wappinghigh.)
…"Coming soon".. It's eminent! hahaha..Awesome. Simon do you have MinimServer on Twitter so we can all know? Smile
14-11-2013, 12:10
(14-11-2013 11:52)wappinghigh Wrote:  …"Coming soon".. It's eminent! hahaha..Awesome. Simon do you have MinimServer on Twitter so we can all know? Smile

The happy event will be announced to the waiting world here. Smile

I don't have a Twitter account, and I don't have any plans to create one.
14-11-2013, 12:12
^ Old School. Can't argue with that Smile