|
Questions about tag formatting limitations
|
|
28-04-2025, 17:01
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2025 17:19 by eseb63.)
Post: #11
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
(20-04-2025 22:57)simoncn Wrote: I am investigating a possible fix for this issue with groups and indexFormat. Instead of having Work.indexFormat produce a single merged Work value for the group, it could apply Work.indexFormat to each item in the group and add all these formatted values to the group. In your example, the group groupW would have these tags: Back after some holidays far from internet and minimServer... good news, thanks a lot ! I still need some explanation about displayFormat with groups. I ripped a CD Bach by Angela Hewitt, which contains:
Tagging :
MinimServer settings:
What is displayed in album view:
for 4) : displayFormat merges the WORK_RATING tag values of the group (created by default), which are the sames, so the result is as expected for 2) : displayFormat merges the WORK_RATING tag values of the group (explicitely created), which are not the sames, so the result is also as expected for 1) : there is also a group (created by default), with only one track : i don't understand why i get " ♪♪♪♪" before the expected "----------[♪♪♪♪]" Any idea ? |
|||
|
28-04-2025, 19:54
Post: #12
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
Your description doesn't say how Overall_Work is set. Please provide this information.
|
|||
|
28-04-2025, 20:07
Post: #13
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
(28-04-2025 19:54)simoncn Wrote: Your description doesn't say how Overall_Work is set. Please provide this information. Overall_Work is only used for works having two levels such operas (OVERALL_WORK="Carmen" , GROUP for each act) or by exemple Iberia Suite from Albeniz (OVERALL_WORK="Iberia", GROUP for each book). it's not used for the Bach-Hewitt Album. |
|||
|
28-04-2025, 21:55
Post: #14
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
I have set up a test to match what you said in your post and I don't see the issue. Instead of this:
1) Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) : Fantasia en Ut m BWV 906 ♪♪♪♪----------[♪♪♪♪] I see this: 1) Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) : Fantasia en Ut m BWV 906----------[♪♪♪♪] |
|||
|
28-04-2025, 22:24
Post: #15
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
weird, and with my data and settings?
(i didn't include the three-part inventions as they are not concerned and the zip file was too big) |
|||
|
29-04-2025, 09:44
Post: #16
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
I tried using your files and your profile and the results were the same as in my test.
I couldn't apply your tag update file as you didn't include this. Could this be the reason for the difference in what we are seeing? |
|||
|
29-04-2025, 11:13
Post: #17
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
Yes... I wrote this in update.tag before my holydays to see if updatetag could be an alternative, but unfortunately completely forgot about it: I apologize.
@WORK=Fantasy in C major BWV 906 &COMPOSER=Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685-1750) =WORK=Fantasy in C major BWV 906 ♪♪♪♪ Another note: when testing multiple features, it's convenient to use profiles, but it's easy to forget which one is being used: it would be useful to display it under the MinimServer displayName, to avoid having to go to the profile section to check. |
|||
|
29-04-2025, 14:12
Post: #18
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
(29-04-2025 11:13)eseb63 Wrote: Another note: when testing multiple features, it's convenient to use profiles, but it's easy to forget which one is being used: it would be useful to display it under the MinimServer displayName, to avoid having to go to the profile section to check. You can do this by editing the displayName property. The custom name will automatically be saved in the profile. |
|||
|
29-04-2025, 14:55
Post: #19
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing: I'm talking about the server properties web page, for example, "http://192.168.2.100:9790/properties-server.html." This page doesn't mention the name of the active profile, but simply the displayName property.
Editing the displayName property doesn't solve the problem : you have to remember to edit the displayName property each time you change the profile, which you might forget to do. It would be more useful and secure to display something like this on the web page: displayName - activeProfile (or the profile name just below the displayName property). This information would be automatically updated when you switch profiles. |
|||
|
29-04-2025, 19:40
Post: #20
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Questions about tag formatting limitations
Thanks for clarifying. As the current active profile name can be viewed with one click from the server status web page or properties page, I don't think any change is needed.
|
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



