Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multidisc problem StreamMagic 6
13-10-2013, 16:33
multidisc problem StreamMagic 6

Dear Simon

When selecting a multidisc there occurs a row of letters -img 0123- (never by the first disc- img0122-).
Touching one of these letters makes the App crash immediately.
Using Twonky this problem never occurs,so it seems to be a Minim Server issue.
There is only one album in my collection that does not show this problem,so I persumed that it could also be caused by difference in tagging.
Regrettably I can not find a faulty tag.
What can cause this problem?

Another problem is that sometimes all maps occur doubled -img 0101,0102- strange, but not causing any problems.

I hope there are some solutions, since I like to use Minim, it offers much more flexibility than Twonky.

Greetings

Peter

(Cambridge Audio Streammagic 6, QNAP 119 P II, DB Power 12.2, Windows XP pro and Windows 7 home)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2013, 17:25 (This post was last modified: 13-10-2013 17:26 by simoncn.)
RE: multidisc problem StreamMagic 6
(13-10-2013 16:33)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Dear Simon

When selecting a multidisc there occurs a row of letters -img 0123- (never by the first disc- img0122-).

These letters are displayed by the control point (StreamMagic), not by MinimServer.

What do mean when you say the problem doesn't occur with Twonky? Do you mean that Twonky never displays these letters, or that the letters are displayed with Twonky and touching them doesn't make the StreamMagic app crash?

If the StreamMagic app crashes, this is a problem with the app, not a problem with MinimServer. You need to contact the app vendor to report this problem.

Quote:There is only one album in my collection that does not show this problem,so I persumed that it could also be caused by difference in tagging.

I haven't seen this before, so I can't offer any advice on which tag might be causing the problem. Have you looked in the MinimServer log to see if there are any warning or error messages about your tags?

Quote:Another problem is that sometimes all maps occur doubled -img 0101,0102- strange, but not causing any problems.

I have never seen this before. It looks like it is caused by a problem with the control point (StreamMagic), not a problem with MinimServer.

Quote:I hope there are some solutions, since I like to use Minim, it offers much more flexibility than Twonky.

Greetings

Peter

(Cambridge Audio Streammagic 6, QNAP 119 P II, DB Power 12.2, Windows XP pro and Windows 7 home)

I found some reviews on the web saying that there are problems with the StreamMagic app. For example, see this page. Are you able to try a different control point to see if this works correctly with MinimServer?
13-10-2013, 18:00
(13-10-2013 17:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 16:33)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Dear Simon

These letters are displayed by the control point (StreamMagic), not by MinimServer.

What do mean when you say the problem doesn't occur with Twonky? Do you mean that Twonky never displays these letters, or that the letters are displayed with Twonky and touching them doesn't make the StreamMagic app crash?

Twonky doesn't display these letters.

If the StreamMagic app crashes, this is a problem with the app, not a problem with MinimServer. You need to contact the app vendor to report this problem.

I already did ,the answer was simple :use Twonky instead of Minim

Quote:There is only one album in my collection that does not show this problem,so I persumed that it could also be caused by difference in tagging.

I haven't seen this before, so I can't offer any advice on which tag might be causing the problem. Have you looked in the MinimServer log to see if there are any warning or error messages about your tags?

I will have a look.

Quote:Another problem is that sometimes all maps occur doubled -img 0101,0102- strange, but not causing any problems.

I have never seen this before. It looks like it is caused by a problem with the control point (StreamMagic), not a problem with MinimServer.

Quote:I hope there are some solutions, since I like to use Minim, it offers much more flexibility than Twonky.

Greetings

Peter

I found some reviews on the web saying that there are problems with the StreamMagic app. For example, see this page. Are you able to try a different control point to see if this works correctly with MinimServer?

No,although it is my second StreamMagic both having the same problems.
I know there are a lot of problems with the android app(CA is rewriting it at the moment) ,the iPad app should work ok!
13-10-2013, 19:07
(13-10-2013 18:00)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I already did ,the answer was simple :use Twonky instead of Minim

From this answer, it seems that the Stream Magic app was designed to work with Twonky only and not with other UPnP servers. I tried to install the Stream Magic app to debug the problem, but it doesn't work unless a StreamMagic device is present.

The only other solution I can suggest is to try a different iPad control point such as iMediaShare.