|
MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
|
|
31-10-2023, 14:09
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2023 14:19 by DavidHB.)
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
As of this morning, with nothing changed by me, both MinimServer installations on both my QNAP NASs failed to start. The log gives the following:
Current time is Tue Oct 31 12:36:48 GMT 2023 in time zone Europe/London MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'ComposerSort' in property 'tagFormat' The tagFormat property which contains this error is ComposerSort.displayFormat={$composer},Title.displayFormat={$composer$title^^^: } Removing the whole ComposerSort reference from the property allows MinimServer to start. However, I am confused as to why the error has suddenly arisen. As the MinimServer installations are, as near as possible, mirror images of each other, I have left one installation uncorrected, so that I can apply any fixes which may be advisable, and then copy them to the running instance of MinimServer For information, the other tags in my installations which reference ComposerSort are indexTags ClassicalGenre=Classical:Classical library, Genre, ComposerSort:Composer, Composition, Artist, AlbumArtist, All Artists, Conductor, Orchestra, Soloist,Date, *RecentAdded, *RecentPlayed, #AudioData, #AudioFormat and tagOptions Album.sortTags={Genre,ComposerSort,Album},all.ignore.sort={The,A,An,Der,Die,Das,Ein,Eine,Le,La,Les,Un,Une,Il,El} In tagOptions in the MinimServer instance which is now running, I changed 'ComposerSort' to 'Composer'. I'd be grateful for advice on how to deal permanently with this error, which, as I said, has me stumped, because it seems to have arisen spontaneously. David |
|||
|
31-10-2023, 15:26
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
I will investigate this and post back here. It is probably related to the release of MinimServer update 241 yesterday evening.
|
|||
|
31-10-2023, 15:48
Post: #3
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
The displayFormat option is not valid for the ComposerSort tag because ComposerSort is never displayed by the control point.
In previous versions of MinimServer, this incorrect setting was ignored. MinimServer update 241 has additional checking for incorrect settings such as this. What were you expecting your setting of ComposerSort.displayFormat={$composer} to do? |
|||
|
31-10-2023, 16:31
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2023 16:32 by DavidHB.)
Post: #4
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
(31-10-2023 15:48)simoncn Wrote: The displayFormat option is not valid for the ComposerSort tag because ComposerSort is never displayed by the control point. Thanks for the prompt responses and this explanation. If I understand this correctly, it means that the setting never had any effect in any case. (31-10-2023 15:48)simoncn Wrote: What were you expecting your setting of ComposerSort.displayFormat={$composer} to do? It was so long ago that I don't really remember . But the general intention was to display composer names naturally (Ludwig van Beethoven) while sorting them by surname (Beethoven, Ludwig van). I used a separate ComposerSort tag because this was before the reverseName function was added to MinimServer. I have stuck with this arrangement partly because it is what I became used to, but also because some composer names (Josquin, Ludwig van Beethoven) don't fit the standard reverseName paradigm.From what you say, my instinct is to continue with the removal of ComposerSort from tagFormat, but to reverse the change to tagOptions. I think that will leave me as, in effect, I already was. Does this make sense to you? David |
|||
|
31-10-2023, 16:40
Post: #5
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
Do you have anything relevant in tagValue? It would be helpful if you could post your complete profile (the version that was working with update 240).
|
|||
|
31-10-2023, 17:15
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2023 17:16 by DavidHB.)
Post: #6
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
(31-10-2023 16:40)simoncn Wrote: Do you have anything relevant in tagValue? It would be helpful if you could post your complete profile (the version that was working with update 240). Sorry. I should have remembered that patience is a virtue; instead, I went ahead and made the changes I suggested in my previous post. Both instances of MinimServer are now running. Thank you for your help with that. Here is my profile: alphaGroup = all=50 contentDir = /share/Multimedia/Music indexTags = ClassicalGenre=Classical:Classical library, Genre, ComposerSort:Composer, Composition, Artist, AlbumArtist, All Artists, Conductor, Orchestra, Soloist,Date, *RecentAdded, *RecentPlayed, #AudioData, #AudioFormat itemTags = Composer,TitleSort,CompositionSort serverOptions = indexArtwork=all stream.transcode = flac:wav24-0gb, mp3:wav24-0gb, aac:wav24-0gb tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$composer$title^^^: },Title.displayFormat={$composer$title^^^: } tagOptions = all.ignore.sort={The,A,An,Der,Die,Das,Ein,Eine,Le,La,Les,Un,Une,Il,El} tagUpdate = /share/Multimedia/Music/tagUpdate.txt tagValue = Title.value.sort={TitleSort},Composition.value.sort={CompositionSort} .profileVersion = 2.2 I didn't make any changes to tagValue. David |
|||
|
31-10-2023, 17:27
Post: #7
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
Thanks for this. It looks like you have both a Composer tag (Ludwig van Beethoven) and a ComposerSort tag (Beethoven, Ludwig van). If so, your settings look fine but it would be a good idea to remove the duplication in this line:
tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$composer$title^^^: },Title.displayFormat={$composer$title^^^: } |
|||
|
03-11-2023, 14:25
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023 14:30 by DavidHB.)
Post: #8
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimServer fails to start: 'Incorrect tag name' new error
Apologies for the delay in responding.
(31-10-2023 17:27)simoncn Wrote: It looks like you have both a Composer tag (Ludwig van Beethoven) and a ComposerSort tag (Beethoven, Ludwig van). Yes, I do use ComposerSort, for the reasons explained in post #4 above. Actually, and surprisingly to me, the standard libraries also sometimes provide ComposerSort tags, so I'm clearly not the only one to adopt this "semi-automated" (your term) approach. Back in 2017, there was an interesting discussion in this thread on the reverseName concept. In post #2 in that thread, I referenced post #7 in this thread from 2014, in which I described the method I use for generating ComposerSort tags in MP3Tag. I think that these old threads might still be useful for some people. (31-10-2023 17:27)simoncn Wrote: ,,, it would be a good idea to remove the duplication ... Oops. I think that the duplication was a product of the latest editing. It has now been corrected. David |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help




. But the general intention was to display composer names naturally (Ludwig van Beethoven) while sorting them by surname (Beethoven, Ludwig van). I used a separate ComposerSort tag because this was before the reverseName function was added to MinimServer. I have stuck with this arrangement partly because it is what I became used to, but also because some composer names (Josquin, Ludwig van Beethoven) don't fit the standard reverseName paradigm.