Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why interpretor instead of author in a play-list?
16-08-2022, 14:26 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2022 14:26 by Hagu.)
Why interpretor instead of author in a play-list?
In case I filled out the interpretor-tap in addition to the author-tag, MinimServer gives out the interpreter instead of the author in a play-list.
Is there a way to prevent this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2022, 18:57
RE: Why interpretor instead of author in a play-list?
It sounds like it is your control point that is doing this, not MinimServer. Which control point are you using?
16-08-2022, 22:05
It is HEOS.
When I stream from the Synology Mediaserver or from a Windows Mediaserver there are no problems like this with HEOS.
The data set of FLAC und MP3 files is always identical.
16-08-2022, 22:46 (This post was last modified: 16-08-2022 22:46 by simoncn.)
Thanks for this. Please post a screenshot showing what HEOS displays when using MinimServer and a screenshot showing what HEOS displays when using the Synology media server.
18-08-2022, 22:15
Sorry there was a translation problem, it is artist and album artist (not interpretor).
Now I changed mp3tag to englich language und made 2 examples from HEOS.
"DiskStation" is the Synology Media Server, MinimServer runs on the DiskStation as well.

19-08-2022, 08:37
I spent a couple of days with a Denon 150 to play with the HEOS app and found the exact same thing, that it wouldn't show me the track artist, be it on the Now Playing screen or when viewing the Album tracks. I tried AssetUPnP and Plex with the same results.

I supplied some logs to @simoncn for some of it's other problems, but didn't investigate the track artist problem directly as it became pretty obvious that I'd have to use an alternative control point if I wanted to use any of the HEOS products.

During my testing I only had one speaker available, so I was never able to test if it was possible to send music from a 3rd party control point to a group of HEOS speakers (which you'd configure within the HEOS app), do you know if this is possible?
19-08-2022, 15:40
Thanks for these screenshots.

For each track, MinimServer sends all available information (Artist, AlbumArtist and Composer) to the control point and leaves it to the control point to decide what information to display.

Synology Media Server sends only Artist information with the track. This is why you don't see AlbumArtist information when playing the track using Synology Media Server.
20-08-2022, 07:10 (This post was last modified: 20-08-2022 07:11 by Hagu.)
Quote:Synology Media Server sends only Artist information with the track.
Hmm, I don't think so.
The category AlbumArtist is working with Synology Media Server as well - so they send it definitive. This is very helpful because this category is a criteria for all albums with verious artists.
But I want Titel and Artist and not the AlbumArtist with the track being played.
22-08-2022, 20:04
Using a test album, I have checked exactly what MinimServer and Synology Media Server are sending to the control point for the album and the album tracks.

For the album, both MinimServer and Synology Media Server send the AlbumArtist as a standard Artist tag. In addition, MinimServer sends the AlbumArtist as a standard AlbumArtist tag.

For the album tracks, Synology Media Server sends Artist information as a standard Artist tag and sends AlbumArtist information in a nonstandard format that cannot be read by most control points. It appears the HEOS app is unable to read this nonstandard format and this is why you are seeing Artist information for the album tracks.

For the album tracks, MinimServer sends Artist information as a standard Artist tag and sends AlbumArtist information in a standard format that can be read by most control points. It appears the HEOS app is unable to read this format correctly and is misinterpreting the AlbumArtist information as if it were Artist information. This is why you are seeing AlbumArtist information for the tracks when you use MinimServer.

You can configure MinimServer to not send AlbumArtist information by setting the upnpCustom property to roleTags={}. This should make the HEOS app show what you want when using MinimServer.
26-08-2022, 17:45
Quote:You can configure MinimServer to not send AlbumArtist information by setting the upnpCustom property to roleTags={}. This should make the HEOS app show what you want when using MinimServer.
Thank you Simon, that works! Cool

It would be great if there exists a similar workaround for the empty "Genre index" at the HEOS app:
-> https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=5263