Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profiles Not Working Properly
16-03-2022, 12:49
Profiles Not Working Properly
I have created some profiles to allow me to switch between modes.
In Notepad the files all display the extra parameters in relation to the default profile, but when imported and viewed some of the parameters are missing.

.txt  default.profile.txt (Size: 79 bytes / Downloads: 2)
.txt  Headphones HD650Impulse.profile.txt (Size: 227 bytes / Downloads: 5)
.txt  Speakers With 1impulse.profile.txt (Size: 223 bytes / Downloads: 3)            
Is this a bug or something I am not doing right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2022, 14:31
RE: Profiles Not Working Properly
Are you creating/updating the profiles using Notepad or using the Properties window? Using the Properties window is recommended because this checks for errors (see below).

If you are creating/updating the proliles using Notepad, the following applies. If not, please clarify how the profiles were created.

Your settings for stream.transcode are incorrect. They should be:

flac:wav;, dsf:wav, mp3:wav

The semicolon after flac:wav is needed to select ffmpeg as the converter. This isn't needed for dsf and mp3 because ffmpeg is always used for these files.

After correcting this, you should be able to import the corrected profiles using the Import tab. After you have done this, they should show correctly in the View tab and you should be able to switch between them using the Select tab. For any further updates, it is best to first select the profile and then change property settings using the Properties window.
16-03-2022, 18:24
The only way I have found to edit or create new profiles is to export the default, edit it in notepad, then import as a new name.
If I place entries in the properties then how can I modify that one set of properties depending upon how I want to play music? Surely this would require three sets of properties which can be easily switched which, as advised elsewhere, the profiles are for.
Regardless of the transcode settings being correct or not, it appears the profiles are not importing the text contained within the notepad file and acting upon those settings.
Please explain the method I should be using to create a new profile that contains my DRC file and get MinimServer to use it?
17-03-2022, 09:29
(16-03-2022 18:24)AnnieBody Wrote:  Please explain the method I should be using to create a new profile that contains my DRC file and get MinimServer to use it?

On the Profiles page of the web interface you'll see:
Quote:To create a new profile, use the Create tab. The newly created profile has the same property settings as your current active profile and becomes your active profile.

To edit your active profile you can either use MinimWatch or mscript.

To switch between profiles, the Profiles page of the web interface states:
Quote:To change to another profile as your active profile, select the profile name and click the Select Profile button. This replaces all your property settings with the property settings from the new profile, which becomes your active profile.
17-03-2022, 10:16
To create a new profile, do the following:

1) From the Profiles page, use the Select tab to set the default profile as your active profile.

2) From the Profiles page, use the Create tab to create a new profile. This new profile is now your active profile and has the same settings as your current profile. Effectively, this is cloning your current profile.

3) Right-click the MinimServer minim icon and select Properties to open the Properties window. Use the Properties window to change the settings of the new profile that you created in step 2). The Properties window will check to make sure you don't set anything to an incorrect value.

4) You now have two profiles: your original default profile and the new profile that you created in step 2) and customised in step 3). You can view the contents of these profiles using the View tab of the Profiles page and you can switch between them using the Select tab of the Profiles page.

5) To create another new profile, select any of your existing profiles and repeat steps 2) and 3) above.

There is no need to use Export or Import. These are intended to be used for creating backups of your profiles or applying your profiles to other instances of MinimServer.
17-03-2022, 20:43
Thanks for the feedback.
I now understand your comments regarding the need to check the parameters by first applying them in the 'Properties | System' tag. It appears that if these are incorrect they get removed when imported and hence explains why they are missing from my profiles. A warning of a change to the imported settings would be useful.

I have rectified the settings but have some confusion with the proposed method and what gets applied and to which profile.

The above image displays different parameters between the profile and what is in the properties. They can't both be utilised if they are different!
May I suggest the 'Properties | System' tag and the Profile content are synchronised to ensure they both automatically display the same parameters for the selected (active) profile.

As a compromise, and because I find this method easier to control and be sure of what settings I have, I now first check the parameters in the 'Properties | System' tag, apply them in notepad and then import them. This way I get a backup of each profile plus an easier and quicker way to edit and use them if I make common changes.
17-03-2022, 22:34
I don't see anything in your screenshot that shows different parameters. You have only posted the System tab from the Properties window. All properties from the System tab are the same as the profile and I am confident that the same would apply with the Server and Advanced tabs.

Incorrect properties in a profile are not removed when imported. They are removed when the imported profile is selected as the active profile. An error message is shown when this happens.
18-03-2022, 10:18
I don't see anything in your screenshot that shows different parameters. You have only posted the System tab from the Properties window. All properties from the System tab are the same as the profile and I am confident that the same would apply with the Server and Advanced tabs.
Look more closely:

They are clearly not the same!

Incorrect properties in a profile are not removed when imported.
Yes, they are: see above.
They are they not listed immediately after importing?

An error message is shown when this happens.
There are no error messages that appear when importing and removing text.

Clearly I have touched a nerve as the evidence speaks for itself.
As I have found a working method I consider this topic closed.
I reported the facts in order to get some improvements. Whether that happens is up to the developers.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18-03-2022, 13:25 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2022 13:26 by simoncn.)
(18-03-2022 10:18)AnnieBody Wrote:  Look more closely:

They are clearly not the same!

The two images you posted in post #8 are identical.

Quote:Incorrect properties in a profile are not removed when imported.
Yes, they are: see above.
They are they not listed immediately after importing?

An error message is shown when this happens.
There are no error messages that appear when importing and removing text.

If the imported profile is the current active profile, the values in the imported profile are applied (and checked, with errors reported) immediately on importing. If the imported profile is not the current active profile, the properties will be applied (and checked, with errors reported) when the imported profile is selected as the current active profile.

Quote:Clearly I have touched a nerve as the evidence speaks for itself.
As I have found a working method I consider this topic closed.
I reported the facts in order to get some improvements. Whether that happens is up to the developers.

I appreciate the feedback and I have tested this to verify what is happening. My comments above are based on this testing. As you are getting different results, it appears you are doing something different from what I have tried.
18-03-2022, 16:12
(17-03-2022 22:34)simoncn Wrote:  I don't see anything in your screenshot that shows different parameters. You have only posted the System tab from the Properties window. All properties from the System tab are the same as the profile and I am confident that the same would apply with the Server and Advanced tabs.
The stream.options value IS different in post #6, but the only way I've been able to replicate that is if I bring up the MinimWatch Properties window first, then via the web interface select a different profile and view its details.
If I close the MinimWatch window and open it back up again it reflects the active profile as it should.