Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems with Artist.displayFormat
02-03-2022, 21:45
RE: problems with Artist.displayFormat
Oh, come on, Simon, this is only the german translation in windows!

Lets take a look at exactly the same file in MP3Tag:

[Image: minim05.jpg]

Now convinced ?

Bye
Alhifi

BTW: Is it right that you former used to have a list of supporters in your minimserver archives, e.g. for troubleshooting? You will find my name there ... I am not a beginner in the matter of minimserver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2022, 22:06
(02-03-2022 21:45)Alhifi Wrote:  [Image: minim05.jpg]
Unless I'm reading that wrong, it looks like you have a bunch of different tagging formats (ID3v1, ID3v2.3, APEv2) in that file. I'd try removing all but one and checking again.
02-03-2022, 22:32
MinimServer reads ID3v2.3 but not ID3v1 or APEv2, so ID3v2.3 is the format you should keep.
03-03-2022, 11:35 (This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 11:37 by Alhifi.)
I tag all my music with MP3Tag for years now and did not change any configuration there! The problem is within minimserver and not the format or version of the tags. I do not know what I have to show you more to accept that's not my fault, but here again ...

If you say, it is due to my version of the id3tags, than please explain the following ... it's still the same track/title:

The list of artists at VLC given by minimserver

[Image: minim06.jpg]

The list of albums at VLC given by minimserver

[Image: minim07.jpg]

That is the proof that minimserver read the tags correctly !!!

Finally take a look at the next song of this compilation album:

[Image: minim08.jpg]

This one has only an artist and no filled composer tag ... and the artist is there because minimserver read the tags correctly!

The only problem is that minimserver cannot put the strings together for the Artist.displayFormat, maybe it's because there are some kind of special characters like the "& or if there is a second variable defined, that the first will be discarded, maybe it's the combination of artist and composer, I don't know, you are the programmer, I'm only a paying user.

kind regards
Alhifi
03-03-2022, 12:37
To be sure which tag is used by Mp3tag you could set a file name (.txt) in the property writeAllTags property
(as described here https://minimserver.com/ug-other.html#Al...%20summary)
and issue a rescan of your library (the rescan will be slower than usual as the file will be written)
At the end of the rescan you’ll find all tags used in your files with their content.
… at the end remember to clear the writeAllTags property …
03-03-2022, 14:24 (This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 15:44 by simbun.)
Alhifi,

MinimServer can and does combine strings with that displayFormat just fine; I'd image 80%+ of all users have something like that in their configuration.
We're trying to work out why it's not working for YOU, and that will likely be due to your files or environment, so please respect the time @simoncn spends helping customers with their installs, as I'd imagine the vast majority of the "issues" are not down to MinimServer at all.

I don't think you've covered the basics yet, so can you tell us what hardware this is running on, and whether you're having this problem with ALL your files with composer, or just some (if it were just one, it could have a rogue new line character in or something)?

I believe you've also just clarified that these files were working with MinimServer before, and that the only change was to the MinimServer configuration, so as @stefano_mbp alludes to, it could be that one of the configuration elements you're missing is renaming one tag to composer.

It would also be useful if you could upload one of your problem files somewhere for us to take a look at.
03-03-2022, 14:38
(03-03-2022 12:37)stefano_mbp Wrote:  To be sure which tag is used by Mp3tag you could set a file name (.txt) in the property writeAllTags property
(as described here https://minimserver.com/ug-other.html#Al...%20summary)
and issue a rescan of your library (the rescan will be slower than usual as the file will be written)
At the end of the rescan you’ll find all tags used in your files with their content.
… at the end remember to clear the writeAllTags property …

I can't really see the point of this review now, but then we'll do that too.

As expected, I find

ARTIST=Galantis

no ARTISTS, ARTISTSORT with the value

COMPOSER=& Little Mix & David Guetta

TITLE=Heartbreak Anthem

Now I really don't know what else to look for, it is proven that the minimserver reads the artist correctly from other files of the same album. The whole album was edited at once with MP3Tag, so the format of the tags is the same in all files, the artist is displayed in files without a composer, but not in those where the string is to be assembled, so where is your understanding problem?

kind regards
Alhifi
03-03-2022, 15:10 (This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 15:11 by stefano_mbp.)
Just simulated your setup.
Artist is Festival Quartet
Composer is Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer}
Flac file, don’t have any mp3
On Lumïn app control point the result is (in red)
As you can see it works as expected, I think something is wrong in your file, maybe tag version or something else

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-03-2022, 15:51
Alhihi,

Just in case you didn't see my previous post, could you respond to the below questions and upload a file somewhere for us to look at?

(03-03-2022 14:24)simbun Wrote:  I don't think you've covered the basics yet, so can you tell us what hardware this is running on, and whether you're having this problem with ALL your files with composer, or just some (if it were just one, it could have a rogue new line character in or something)?

I believe you've also just clarified that these files were working with MinimServer before, and that the only change was to the MinimServer configuration, is that correct?
03-03-2022, 16:14
(03-03-2022 15:10)stefano_mbp Wrote:  As you can see it works as expected, I think something is wrong in your file, maybe tag version or something else

Looks good, but you used the default separator and did not configure your own. As I wrote before I have sometimes a "&" at the beginning of the composer tag ... maybe the error is there.