Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems with Artist.displayFormat
28-02-2022, 17:27
Question problems with Artist.displayFormat
Hi experts,

after updating from 0.8x to 2.1 I have problems with the "Artist.displayFormat" which is used at "tagformat". I organize my music as followed:

example:
artist=Artistname
composer=Feat. another artistname

I still use Roku Soundbridges and want to show the complete artist+composer while playing a title, therefor I have defined an displayFormat for Artist, which looks like the following:

Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^_}

(I also tried Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^_} )

Normally the result should be

Artistname_Feat. another artistname

(where the _ is here a symbol for the space I configured normally as prefix or in the other version as separator)

If the file did not have a composer tag, the artist ist displayed, which might be correct, if the file has an artist and a composer tag, only the composer is shown and not the combination.

Simple question: Why?

kind regards
Alhifi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2022, 18:30 (This post was last modified: 28-02-2022 18:42 by simbun.)
RE: problems with Artist.displayFormat
(28-02-2022 17:27)Alhifi Wrote:  I still use Roku Soundbridges and want to show the complete artist+composer while playing a title, therefor I have defined an displayFormat for Artist, which looks like the following:

(I also tried Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^_} )

If the file did not have a composer tag, the artist ist displayed, which might be correct, if the file has an artist and a composer tag, only the composer is shown and not the combination.

Simple question: Why?

Have you actually stored 'Feat. ' in the composer tag?
Your first displayFormat would just add a _ before the concatenation of the artist and composer tags, which I assume is not what you want, but I did try:
Code:
Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^ Feat. }

And in BubbleUPnP it works (also works with _).

Have you tried looking at the presentation in another control point?
28-02-2022, 19:07
In your test, are the artist and composer names the same? If so, the format string

will show the artist/composer name once, not twice.
28-02-2022, 22:56
(28-02-2022 18:30)simbun Wrote:  Have you actually stored 'Feat. ' in the composer tag?
Your first displayFormat would just add a _ before the concatenation of the artist and composer tags, which I assume is not what you want, but I did try:
Code:
Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^ Feat. }

And in BubbleUPnP it works (also works with _).

Have you tried looking at the presentation in another control point?

I have stored exactly what after the normal artist follows, which could be a "& Blu Bla" or a "Pres. Bla" or "Vs. Bo Ba" ... I only want, that both strings are displayed.
28-02-2022, 23:02
(28-02-2022 19:07)simoncn Wrote:  In your test, are the artist and composer names the same? If so, the format string

will show the artist/composer name once, not twice.

all artists and composers if present are, that's why I did not understand that it did not work.

During the update from 0.8x to 2.1 I have lost my complete config, therefor I have to do all things new. Maybe there must be another part of config done on another place at the properties, but when artist string is when no composer is present it seems that the value of artist is filled ...
01-03-2022, 09:58 (This post was last modified: 01-03-2022 10:05 by simoncn.)
Please post the complete contents of your default.profile file. This file is in the appData subfolder of the MinimServer shared folder.
02-03-2022, 15:22
Hi Simon,

first, I forgot one word in my last post here:
"all artists and composers if present are different, that's why I did not understand that it did not work."

(01-03-2022 09:58)simoncn Wrote:  Please post the complete contents of your default.profile file. This file is in the appData subfolder of the MinimServer shared folder.

After a while I have found the file you mean ... I think so ...

There are two, but they are the same

./MinimServer/appData/default.profile
Code:
alphaGroup = album,artist
contentDir = {/volume1/Musik}{/volume1/Musik-Temp}
displayName = DS-Music
indexTags = album:Alben,artist:Interpret,titledate:Jahr,genre:Genre
itemTags = subtitle,tracknumber,totaltracks,date,composer,yearcd,yeartitle,albumdate
.logLevel = info
serverOptions = flowControl=2x
showExtras = false
startupScan = true
tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber^[^]^$title^ $subtitle^ (^)$date^ [^]},Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^ },Album.displayFormat={$album^$yearcd^ [^]}
tagOptions = Album.sortTags={album,artist}
tagValue = date.default={yeartitle,yearcd},titledate.default={date},albumdate.default={year​cd}

./MinimServer/etc/profiles/default.profile
Code:
alphaGroup = album,artist
contentDir = {/volume1/Musik}{/volume1/Musik-Temp}
displayName = DS-Music
indexTags = album:Alben,artist:Interpret,titledate:Jahr,genre:Genre
itemTags = subtitle,tracknumber,totaltracks,date,composer,yearcd,yeartitle,albumdate
.logLevel = info
serverOptions = flowControl=2x
showExtras = false
startupScan = true
tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber^[^]^$title^ $subtitle^ (^)$date^ [^]},Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^ },Album.displayFormat={$album^$yearcd^ [^]}
tagOptions = Album.sortTags={album,artist}
tagValue = date.default={yeartitle,yearcd},titledate.default={date},albumdate.default={year​cd}

Bye
Alhifi
02-03-2022, 15:34
Thanks for this. There are no other settings that would cause a problem with Artist.displayFormat.

It you have a track with an Artist tag (not AlbumArtist) and a Composer tag, the artist shown on the Now Playing screen of your control point will be the Artist tag value followed by a space followed by the Composer tag value.
02-03-2022, 16:48
That is what the configuration is, but not, what really happens, therefor this thread!

Take a look at the properties of a mp3 file with artist and composer:
(sorry, screenshot is in german, so artist->Interpreten and composer->Komponisten (both are here plural))

[Image: minim03.jpg]

artist -> Galantis
composer -> & Little Mix & David Guetta

This time I tried VLC instead of my Soundbridges, just to see if it's them.

[Image: minim04.jpg]

No artist, only composer ...
02-03-2022, 17:22
The screenshot shows you have the value "Galantis" for the tag "Mitwirkende interpreten". This does not appear to be an Artist ("Interpreten") tag.