Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download "Not Allowed" Error
21-02-2022, 16:09 (This post was last modified: 21-02-2022 16:37 by tommyrot.)
Download "Not Allowed" Error
Hi all,

I seem to be unable to download any of the updated packages on this URL: https://minimserver.com/downloads/index.html

I accept the terms in the resulting pop-up, but I receive an error in the pop-up which simply says "Not allowed". It's followed by the text of the target URL, but the link is inaccessible.

I've tried Firefox and Safari (on Mac). Same problem on both.

I can't quite see what's wrong.
Can anyone please help?

Thank you.
T

Update: I am able to download packages using Brave (a chromium-based browser). So, this looks to be a browser issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2022, 17:40
RE: Download "Not Allowed" Error
Some older browsers (including older Safari on Mac) produce "Error 3" for these links. I don't recall any previous reports of "Not allowed."

These links are valid for a limited time only (between 12 and 24 hours). Could this explain the problem?
21-02-2022, 18:42
(21-02-2022 17:40)simoncn Wrote:  Some older browsers (including older Safari on Mac) produce "Error 3" for these links. I don't recall any previous reports of "Not allowed."

These links are valid for a limited time only (between 12 and 24 hours). Could this explain the problem?

Thanks for the reply. Both browsers mentioned are very recent or running the latest version. Safari Version 15.3 (17612.4.9.1.8) and Firefox is set to auto-update, so it'll be on the latest release. So, it can't be because they're outdated.

I'm afraid I don't follow the point about limited time. I clicked on the download button directly after click 'accept' in the t&cs popup if that's what you mean.
21-02-2022, 21:27
From the time you click the link on the minimserver.com/downloads page to create the T&Cs pop-up, you have between 12 and 24 hours to complete the download.

If you can reproduce this problem now, please post the full message including the link that the message contains.
21-02-2022, 21:33
(21-02-2022 21:27)simoncn Wrote:  From the time you click the link on the minimserver.com/downloads page to create the T&Cs pop-up, you have between 12 and 24 hours to complete the download.

If you can reproduce this problem now, please post the full message including the link that the message contains.

The download is now working for Safari (with no local changes from my side), but it's still failing for Firefox.

Error message shown:
"Not allowed: https://minimworld.com/download-watch.ph...-macos.dmg"
21-02-2022, 23:21
I have tried Firefox 97.0.1 on macOS and I am not seeing this problem. The message is not caused by an expired link. For some reason, an incorrect URL has been generated for the download.

Do you have any custom security settings (for example, enhanced tracking protection) in Firefox on your Mac?

Does Firefox have any cached data for minimserver.com or minimworld.com? If so, try clearing this data.